Walker co. Deer thread 2012-13

RustyJeep

Update: I talked to City Councilman Chris Davis and agreed to set down with GHFF, DNR and the council to fix the LaFayette Bow Hunting ordinance.

Inthegarge

Here's a Walker County oddity....This is an OLD spike

Old spike.jpg

Regarding the hard hat, it's absolutely unbelievable how many acorns are on the ground. It's like just after a hail storm except with acorns.

If you ever get that spike check his teeth. I got a doe a couple years ago whose teeth were worn flush and below the gums and a buck last year that were about 3/16" from it.

RossVegas

All I'm seeing in the Chattahochee around Armuchie is Mountain Oak acorns. I scouted an area today, had a pretty decent size buck run within 100 yards of me. To much brush to get an anlter count

superman1275

anybody have any luck? ive seen deer everytime in the woods, missed a doe at 50 yards, bout ready to get the smokepole out

RossVegas

I've been told they're mountain oaks. The places around Armuchie that I've been scouting, they're everywhere.

Inthegarge

XCrazy morning

Just after 1st light had a Turkey spook across the creek and fly across 10' in front of me and land in a tree 20 yards to my left. After listening to him cluck for 20 minutes I stood up and he spooked again going up the ridge....Then I had a Bobcat come by and just fast enough to not get a shot..... 10 minutes later another (smaller) Bobcat came by just behind my stand and too fast to shoot.... On the way out there were loads of turkey feathers everywhere....Guess it's time for some Bobcat hunting.....

Still acorns EVERYWHERE...................

RustyJeep

McDonald's Sportsman's Pantry Fundraiser

Thursday Oct 25 from 5-7 the Walker County GHFF Chapter will have the fishing simulator at the LaFayette McDonald's. McDonald's is donating 20% of their profits for that 2 hours to the Sportsman's Pantry. Please pass the word around about this event and if you want to volunteer, please let me know.
Bill Evitt
423-504-6012

Attachments

• layfettemcdonaldevent.jpg
    layfettemcdonaldevent.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 483

Inthegarge

Rusty, putting it on the calander.............Here's the latest one on my hit list...
BigOct6.jpg

I was hunting just on the other side of the ridge on that day...Anyone want to guess his age ??

RustyJeep

Its hard to say in that pic. I want to say 3.5. It would be hard for me to let him walk in Walker County. He's pushing it close to the Pope and Young min too.

jinx0760

Gone But Not Forgotten
1st Nice Buck of this year...

This guy is thick and snooping around the woodline...:cool:

Attachments

• 10 pointer 10-7-12 002.jpg
    10 pointer 10-7-12 002.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 419