Goethe Hunt in Fl.

spaz

Anyone on here going on the Goethe Hunt thanksgiving week? Terry and I got a four day dog hunt. Place is loaded with hogs, or so I was told.

spaz

Goethe is a WMA which the forresty dept. oversees. It is 48,000 acres and the hunting dates are
arc. 22 days
M.L. 3 days
Gun 6 days in Nov
Dogs 7 days in Nov

It is a quota hunt that you have to put in in the summer with the FWC. It doesn't cost anything but a fl. hunting lic and management stamp.

But they wonder why they are run over with hogs.:rofl:

This is the link
http://www.thegoethetrail.com/files/10-11_Goethe_1_.pdf

Scoot!

Good luck in there man. Let us know how it goes.

kornbread

cant wait lisa its going to be a good time! we are coming down when we get back from kentucky monday .

spaz

Good, coz I am ready to hunt some hogs and you can shoot a deer if you see one. Trying to get some honey hole spots lined up. Terry will be deer hunting but will help if we need him. lol

spaz

I heard that place keeps alot of hunting club in hogs. Good hunt !!!!!!

sammy3304

good luck on ur hunt hope it goes great for yall

spaz

Thanks !!!! Been catching any lately?

WolfPack

Banned
Been to Goethe several times, almost every single time while driving through it, hogs ran across the road ahead of me. So i would think it has lots of hogs.

Scoot!

GOT STEINHATCHEE SPRINGS IN FEBRUARY:clap:

Thats a good hunt. Me and a freind worked with the FWC and SRWMD for 3 years to get that place back open to the public. As part of the agreement we held a feral hog festival there in Cooks Hammock for the past 2 years with a "wild hog roundup". Have fun...let me know when you come down, would like to catch a few with ya.

spaz

Well I did not hunt monday or tuesday morning, tried to call in sick but Terry didn't believe me. so tuesday afternoon, turned out grit, lacy and brat and the bayed a sow in some hog tunnel haven. There is a advantage to being short. when we got there, they had caught her about 120 pounds and we just turned her loose. It was to thick and far to drag her out.

Some friends of out turned out and caught about a 80 pounder on the edge of the pound. I got there first and the dog caught her, so I went in and caught the gilt, and waited for my backup to get there and drag her out.

Wen. morning Terry turned out grit, brat and lacy. they were getting gone and I told him that I heard some hounds on my right, they were high pitched and was echoing thru the woods. We listened and went that direction and we got as close as we could and he said grit was there and we really got to listening and I heard our Brat pup and lacy baying every breath a real high pitch and it just echoed thru those woods. I wanted to film it but was told no time, so we went in and caught her and dragged her to the truck. she weight around 170 but by the time we got her to the truck I know she weighed 400 pounds.

Thursday morning dogs hunted but no pigs and I had to go home after that to watch Spaz deliver pups.
This was part of the crew we hunted with deer and hogs
PB240119-1.jpg

Spaz with pups, she had one 16 hours later, we called it black friday
PB260130.jpg

The big sow Terry and I got. The man on the left is alfie, my hunting buddy
PB240116.jpg

Some of the woods.
PB240115-1.jpg

Will try and post some more pics off the video later.

spaz

Goethe is worth it, whether you deer hunt or hogs. Heard there was quite a few bucks killed too