g3 70 battery

I have recently purchased a Tri-Tronics classic 70 shock system. I instantly fell in love with it and how well my pup responds to the tone. I have been running the pup on dirt roads and putting the collar on him to get him used to it/tone him if he gets too far behind or distracted. My problem is that even after having the handheld on the charger all night to where it shines green and looks good to go, it will give out and die, sometimes in as short of a time as 2 hours. And that is with minimal use on a single dog. Tri-Tronics said the battery had maybe gone bad due to shelf life and are sending me a new battery/bottom, but I was curious if anyone else had experienced similar problems?

DogHunter4Life

def. dont sound right..glad they are sending you a new battery!

grouper throat

Yeah I had one like that but after 5 years of use with 4 collars. It worked almost a whole day of hunting in the end before I replaced the battery.

grouper throat

Nearly 3 days of daylight time on the collars, one had 1.5-2 days of time between charges from new to the time I sold it. The remote was getting progressively worse on battery life down to a single day with only toning possibly 10 times per day. My remote battery life lasted for 6+ weeks brand new. I use the alpha now.