2014 Official Atlanta Braves Thread

BornToHuntAndFish

Impressive pitching with both going 8-innings last night.

Braves with 3-SO's each last night include Freeman, J. Upton, Uggla, & Gattis with Heyward having 2-SO's. Maybe the team needs more talks with Chipper while they are in town to get additional help in discussing strategies & tactics in avoiding strikeouts.

Early game today around lunchtime at 12:10pm.

biggdogg

Impressive pitching with both going 8-innings last night.

Braves with 3-SO's each last night include Freeman, J. Upton, Uggla, & Gattis with Heyward having 2-SO's. Maybe the team needs more talks with Chipper while they are in town to get additional help in discussing strategies & tactics in avoiding strikeouts.

Early game today around lunchtime at 12:10pm.

No use blaming the offense for last night. I don't care who was batting, Fernandez and Wood were gonna strike out everyone. Simmons was the only one NOT to strike out for the Braves. And fwiw, only one Marlin didn't strike out. Iirc, 13-14 Fish struck out too. That was quite possibly the best pitchers dual I've ever seen, and I've seen a bunch.

3 hits for the home team + 4 hits for the Marlins + 0 walks = lots of fielders standing around.

DSGB

Fernandez had some serious movement on that breaking ball! :hair:

biggdogg

That kid is just nasty. He'll be with one of the big money teams in another couple years.

BornToHuntAndFish

More good pitching today . . .

According to today's online live scoreboard box score info, Braves Harang delivers 11-SO's in 6-innings so let's hope Walden can keep it going in the 7th in the game tied at 1-1.

EDIT: 28-Strikeouts total by both teams while Braves pitching collects 16-SO's in only 8-innings of pitching needed to win the game 3 to 1 with Gattis doubling in 2-runs to break the tie & take the lead in the 8th.:cool:

:bounce:

Last edited:

DSGB

Harang was dealing again today. Still leading the league with an 0.85 ERA.

Tim L

I don't know how long he can keep it up, but Harang is really looking good; Minor will replace Hale soon in the rotation, but they will have to make a decision soon with Floyd. Really scared about Kimball's sore shoulder..

biggdogg

I don't know how long he can keep it up, but Harang is really looking good; Minor will replace Hale soon in the rotation, but they will have to make a decision soon with Floyd. Really scared about Kimball's sore shoulder..

If I'm a betting man, Hale goes to Gwinnett to make room for Minor to keep starting in the inevitable event that Floyd has problems later on. With Wood being on an innings limit, he'll go to the bullpen to make room for when Floyd is ready.

DSGB

Kimbrel's first two appearances after resting his shoulder were cause for concern, but I think he's lessened that with the way he pitched yesterday. In fact, he finished off the second appearance in his normal fashion. I think he may have been being too careful, but now is just letting it fly.

biggdogg

He pitched 5 times in the first 8-9 games. No wonder his shoulder was sore...

BornToHuntAndFish

Great way to start the game with with J. Upton's 3-run/RBI 1st-inning HR.

:bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good weekend for the Braves sweeping the series.

DSGB

The pitching has been fun to watch!

DSGB

DSGB

This one's not turning out like the last matchup.:O

BornToHuntAndFish

This one's not turning out like the last matchup.:O

Yep, according to the online web scoreboards, the Braves are getting crushed as they have a bad night, unfortunately.

DSGB

Wood was leaving too many pitches up and out over the plate and getting hit hard.

Not much offense from the Braves, even though Fredi tried to put a bunch of left-handed bats in the lineup against Fernandez.

Wood hasn't gotten much help in his last three starts, with the Braves' offense only getting nine hits total.