Vector Borne Diseases - Lyme, Bartonells, Babesia, RMSF, etc

jbird1

I feel it is a waste of time to get those tests run because of the high false negative rates. You would be better off getting the new ISpotLyme test. Its more accurate. Infectious disease physicians are not trained properly to treat Lyme or any other VBD. There are no LLMD's in GA and only 1 in AL. Science doesn't even acknowledge that Protomyxzoa Rheu. even exists. The only test for it is done in AZ.

Oh wow, ok. I had been on a few Lyme forums and it seemed that the Igenex lab was the "gold standard" as far as LD testing. In particular, the Igenex 28 band western blot will often come up positive where the standard 10 band western blot would not. That could have been dated information however. I'm still waiting on Pharmason labs to get back to me about the ispotlyme testing.

Bow Only

Almost everyone who eats the typical "American" food needs to take a probiotic. People with VBD even have more problems with their immune system and will benefit even more.

If you have depression, you need to take a probiotic.
If you have intestinal problems, GERD, or any acid issues, you should take a probiotic.
If you have migraines, you should take a probiotic.
If you have thyroid issues, take a probiotic.

I recommend rotating probiotics every 4 to 6 weeks to increase the diversity of bacteria introduced. Florajen3 is a good one to start with. Then go to Ortho Biotic and back to Florajen3. Then add in a bacillus containing probiotic. Buy high bacterial count products that have to be refrigerated.

Bow Only

A few tips for those wanting to achieve long term health. This applies to both uninfected and Borrelia infected people.

1. Don't drink milk or eat dairy products. Milk is for cows and the casein protein is difficult to assimilate for many people. It's the number one allergen in the world. Multiple credible studies have shown that the casein protein increases cancer growth. You may show no problems from drinking milk, but that doesn't mean the bacterial flora of your GI tract isn't negatively influenced. GI bacterial concentrations can change rapidly and IMO, milk is detrimental to your immune response.

2. Eat less meat. Protein contains nitrogen and your body requires more water to eliminate that nitrogen. When meat is eaten at every meal like it is in America, the concentration of GI bacteria changes and higher concentrations of nitrogen assimilating bacteria are present. These higher concentrations are not conducive to a higher immune response. For best results, I've seen eating meat once or twice a week to be best. If you don't agree with this, study polyamine biosynthesis problems. This is what happens in the "perfect storm" of acidity and depleted immune response. Polyamines, IMO, are the key to all long term health issues. They directly effect transcription and translation of DNA as well as control cellular K, Na, and Ca ion channels. And act directly in immune response. Methylation pathway obstruction leads to polyamine problems.

3. If it has more than 5 ingredients in it, don't eat it. And drink water with lemon. This is so difficult in America and requires proper planning ahead of time.

Bow Only

Not much happening on this thread lately, so I thought I'd give you all some good things to watch. Search Dr Thomas Rau on Youtube and watch all of his videos. They are all helpful if you are trying to achieve a healthy, long life.

Bow Only

Here are my thoughts, and once again, just my opinion based on research and observation. I feel that pathogens evolved over the millennia to live as symbiots with humans, not to cause harm. If they cause harm, they die too. So the pathogens could be a situation similar to Sickle Cell Trait where a mutation prevents Sickle Cell Anemia and allows the person to live and reproduce. Perhaps the bacteria evolved to accumulate metals to protect themselves against our immune response? This would keep them alive long enough to reproduce but in the long run, it would cause problems for the host. My case in point, many people that suffer from MS, ALS, Lyme, or the other VBD have methylation or transsulfuration pathway obstructions. We know these pathways have a lot of genetic influence but they are also blocked by metals. I'm not saying heavy metals because aluminum is important too. Lead, mercury, cadmium, cesium, thallium, nickel, and arsenic are just a few of the heavy metals that could plague our system. I have a protozoal infection but perhaps I have accumulated metal because of it. Research has shown that modified citrus pectin binds the Galectin-3 receptor and decreases inflammation and cancer metastasis. It also increases the elimination of metals from the body. With this in mind, I started taking Pectasol-C. It's a modified citrus pectin powder. In the week that I've been taking it, the past two nights I've slept 6 hours one night and 7 hours the next night. We're in uncharted waters here. I did eat a few foods that were nathpthoquinone derivatives and they do kill my protozoans, but 7 hours is really good. I'll continue the Pectasol-C for 6 months as the studies show a maximum increase in metal excretion around the 5 to 6 month mark. Right now, it's pricey at $80 a month but when I go to maintenance dosing next month, it will cost only 1/3 of that. It's something for those of you that are suffering to think about. If you can't get rid of the bacteria, get rid of whatever you can. It may make a difference.

Bow Only

I just received my 23andme raw test data. The results were not what I wanted to see and my continued effort to rid myself of my pathogen will be an uphill battle. I had 10 mutated SNP's with 4 heterozygous mutations. They are spread through the cycles so it's a pretty big blow. Today is not a good day.

Bow Only

Here is a mini experiment if you want to try it. For a couple of days, decrease your fat intake to only 25 grams per day. You need to increase your protein and carb intake to compensate for the decrease in calories that will occur. The goal is to eat the same number of calories per day that you usually eat but with limited fat grams. IMO, if you do this and feel terrible, it is a sign that you have a protozoal infection.

Gadget

Here is a mini experiment if you want to try it. For a couple of days, decrease your fat intake to only 25 grams per day. You need to increase your protein and carb intake to compensate for the decrease in calories that will occur. The goal is to eat the same number of calories per day that you usually eat but with limited fat grams. IMO, if you do this and feel terrible, it is a sign that you have a protozoal infection.

that's a indicator huh. It's been hard enough for me on a low carb diet, 25g of fat isn't much at all.

Bow Only

Here is something to think about. We have almost 25,000 human genes in our body. We have over 1,000,000 genes from bacteria and viruses. We are only 10% human and 90% bacteria and viruses. So when we go to treat a health condition, wouldn't it be prudent to treat the 90% and not the 10%? This is why our bacterial flora is so important. Poor health is a combination of our microbiome, our genetics, and our nutritional deficiencies. Our microbiome can directly affect our genetics and our nutritional deficiencies. I've made huge strides in my own health by finding these nutritional deficiencies and addressing them.

Bow Only

I trust the CDC about as much as I trust Lorretta Lynch, but they are correct about some of the chronic treatments for prolonged Lyme. To say chronic Lyme doesn't exist is a complete travesty. Have they ever heard of MSIDS? Politics have taken control of Lyme treatment and its a shame that Lyme patients aren't allowed adequate treatment and insurance coverage. I guess they want the chronic sufferers to just quit treating and then what?

Bow Only

There hasn't been much added to this lately so I thought I'd post my most recent findings.
IMO, Lyme Disease is caused by toxins and nutrient deficiency. This causes phylum-level changes in the microbiota, reduced bacterial diversity and altered representation of bacterial genes and metabolic pathways. Simply put, it alters your GI bacteria. We see the same thing in obesity, in meat eaters, and other unhealthy disease states. So when you have Lyme, you must also deal with other bacteria or pathogens. Candida is one but there are many. Antibiotics can help, but they aren't the answer. The answer is to get your GI bacteria back to a healthy assortment. That can be challenging depending on what pathogens are involved.

Darien1

Matt, in the other thread, I posted about the pile of seed ticks that I got into. Also like I said, it's been 2 weeks with no ill effects at all. Should I have shown some symptoms by this time? Or, are seed ticks not as likely to be a carrier of disease?
Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions....
Just wanted to warn you about Alpha Gal Syndrome. That's the tick borne allergy to all mammal meat. I you wake up at night hives or having allergy symptoms might better get to the hospital.