Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145

Heathern

BANNED
Anyone have one? I am trading my little SOT kayak for one tomorrow. It will carry me and a bunch of camping gear much better, and will be a good bit faster.

I probably won't be doing much fishing out of it, but maybe a little. I realize it really isn't designed for fishing.

Just looking for experiences or tips from others who may own, or have owned a Tsunami.

T-N-T

Add yourself a rod holder and get after it!

Heathern

BANNED
I might, but it would get in the way when I roll this thing. Especially with a rod in the holder. :D

Yeah, I'm gonna try to roll it. To see if I still can, from my whitewater kayaking stint a long time ago. Back then, I could roll one with just my hands and no paddle. But I wasn't so old then.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Gonna be kinda hard to roll a 14 ft. kayak and not get your head stuck under the water.

Heathern

BANNED
Gonna be kinda hard to roll a 14 ft. kayak and not get your head stuck under the water.

Ever rolled a yakak? Knowing what is involved, to do it proper-like? :D'

Hint: The length of the boat has absolutely zero do to with it. :D

Hint: Actually, your head and torsto still "stuck" underwater, aids you tremendously. Keep everything adding toward your bouyancy, until such no longer aids you (like when your kayak is finally, actually beneath you). And forget Youtube, Google, and the like, when trying to learn it. Real life knowledge and experience trumps that and those marketing gimmicks.

In other words, rolling this thang will be a piece of cake, later, after I get this seat and my thigh braces fitting me, properly. That's what it's all about - the hip snap. Yes, brotha - I understand the physics about rolling a kayak. After all - I paddled IV-V whitewater for 9 years. And rolled back upright, while in the middle of such rapids. :)

fish hawk

Bass Master
Ever rolled a yakak? Knowing what is involved, to do it proper-like? :D'

Hint: The length of the boat has absolutely zero do to with it. :D

Hint: Actually, your head and torsto still "stuck" underwater, aids you tremendously. Keep everything adding toward your bouyancy, until such no longer aids you (like when your kayak is finally, actually beneath you). And forget Youtube, Google, and the like, when trying to learn it. Real life knowledge and experience trumps that and those marketing gimmicks.

In other words, rolling this thang will be a piece of cake, later, after I get this seat and my thigh braces fitting me, properly. That's what it's all about - the hip snap. Yes, brotha - I understand the physics about rolling a kayak. After all - I paddled IV-V whitewater for 9 years. And rolled back upright, while in the middle of such rapids. :)
Not on purpose but Good job.

Heathern

BANNED
Not on purpose but Good job.

Well, I have, many dozens of times. Sometimes, in class IV rapids. Sometimes, with just my hands and my paddle floating downstream, just for fun. Ain't new to boatin'.

No harm done. Just funnin'. :D

Been there / done that, man. (why does this goofy forum software not have a thumbs-up emoticon?)

fish hawk

Bass Master
Well, I have, many dozens of times. Sometimes, in class IV rapids. Sometimes, with just my hands and my paddle floating downstream, just for fun. Ain't new to boatin'.

No harm done. Just funnin'. :D

Been there / done that, man. (why does this goofy forum software not have a thumbs-up emoticon?)

I saw that.
I do my best to try and stay upright