Hunting Club Insurance

HermanMerman

I have been out of the hunting club scene for a few years, but have noticed that hunting club insurance has become common. What does a typical insurance plan for a hunting club cover?

Mexican Squealer

Depends on the acreage....very cheap. Just insured my duck club (100 acres) for 187.00/year for one million per incident. Liability

HermanMerman

Depends on the acreage....very cheap. Just insured my duck club (100 acres) for 187.00/year for one million per incident. Liability

Thanks for the response, but I’m curious as to what it is insuring.... not necessarily the cost.

1gr8bldr

Mostly protects the landowner from suit from something a member might do. I don't think it covers things like fire. It may not cover unnamed people whom are not in the club registry. And it seems that everyone wants to be named as "additionally insured" so apparently it protects against loopholes. I get mine through QDMA. It has a minimum acreage so 50 acres cost almost the same as 500

HermanMerman

Mostly protects the landowner from suit from something a member might do. I don't think it covers things like fire. It may not cover unnamed people whom are not in the club registry. And it seems that everyone wants to be named as "additionally insured" so apparently it protects against loopholes. I get mine through QDMA. It has a minimum acreage so 50 acres cost almost the same as 500

Does it protect the landowner from loss of property value due to a member damaging said property, or is it intended to insure a member in case they are injured while on the property?

1gr8bldr

Does it protect the landowner from loss of property value due to a member damaging said property, or is it intended to insure a member in case they are injured while on the property?
I recall reading something about a deer stand..... The wording was such that it was questionable. I expect that you could google it to see more. I only get a bill these days so I don't have anything to look over other than "a certificate of insurance" which only states max dollar coverage.