Redneck House Moving

Skipper

Banned
Well, maybe it was the only way to go about it, but I got stuck behind a couple of mobile home movers yesterday with no real way out of the road I was on short of having to drive though the woods, a couple of creeks and across a few pastures, so I just had to sit and watch. It seems somebody had ordered a 32x80 doublewide. Problem was, they lived on a 1 lane skinny road. Well, they got this behemoth in there, but they couldn't make a turn. They would jack it up and block up the axles till they got it a foot or so off the ground. They they had a chain hooked from the hindend of it to a ton truck. The little ton truck took an runnin start and yanked it sideways off the blocks scooting it over again. Of course, they needed to slide it around about 18 feet, so they had to repeat the proceedure about 25 times with each section.

Talk about killing a good 2 hours of my time waiting on this deal. :banginghe

The thing is, given how they were handling this home, I'm not sure if I would have wanted it by the time it got there. The fun part was when they got it high centered and hooked a dozer to the toter and drug the whole works across. Of course they were doing this on a blacktoped county road.

I think there ought to be a length and width limit on these things. 16x80 sections are too darn big to be attempted to pull into most places.

Skipper

specialk

Mercy!

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry to hear Skipper. You got any pics?

Hello? Skipper?

sinclair1

14 years later, I bet there are 6 sheds, two trucks on blocks and 2 ft tall grass, broken push mowers behind the shed....you know standard hillbilly stuff ::ke:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Miss me some Skipper!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
They had a harder time getting it out when the repossessed Billy's trailer. He had taken the wheels off of it and pawned them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I miss skipper.

And you can never have too many sheds.

BriarPatch99

I seen a couple those type "movers" down here in the flat woods !

The best yet ... a guy who lives near me ... has what I call a flat bulldozer ... It is about 3' wide ... 16' long .... has steel mini excavator type tracks down both sides .... has a 8 hp motor and controls with all kind of hydraulic controls ... really it is hydraulics Jack on tracks .... It is only about 1' high at best ...

Some "movers" ran one those extra long trailer units off a fairly deep culvert dropping the right 8(?) Wheels off and the unit was leaning pretty badly ....

The guy pulls up with the flat dozer ... Cranked the engine ....pulled a lever and the highway wheels lowered it down on the ground ... Pulled a couple pins and rolled the tires out the way .... He proceeded to drive the flat dozer under the unit in to the position he want ....lifted the unit up level ... proceeded to haul the unit up and over the culvert back on to the road .... It was cool to watch how much control he had over different points of lift .... was surprised that so small "dozer" could move that big unit around with such ease ....

He stays booked up to place units in the mountains ....

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
14 years later, I bet there are 6 sheds, two trucks on blocks and 2 ft tall grass, broken push mowers behind the shed....you know standard hillbilly stuff ::ke:

It was in Kentucky. A nader or two done got that mobile home and all that's left is the frame and wheel hubs.