Yanny vs Laurel?

GeorgiaBob

I've been loosing little bits of my hearing since shooting competition as a teen in the '60s. Navy jet engines in the '70s probably didn't help, or playing with the 5"-50 without hearing protection! - (Though my wife still insists I have *very selective* hearing loss!) I cannot understand what people are saying to me when there is a lot of background noise and I do deal with tinnitus!

That said - I hear a garble of noise that turns out to be both of those separate recordings.

If you tune up the base one comes through more clearly. Turn up the trebble and the other noise is more clear!

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
It's laurel. It was a cell phone recording from a computer pronouncing laurel.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NOYDB

BANNED
When I wear headphone it comes thru laurel. But if I move the phones away from my ears it is not clear. And I don't hear laurel but I don't hear Yanny.

Just obvious that laurel is distorted. Playing with it does not ever make it sound like Yanny.

sinclair1

:cheers: ....... i hope!

Yeah, It's a good thing. I see now that this is about some recording, but I don't understand folks today. Why should I care what you hear? I don't even care enough to see what I hear.:D