Reaching out to not too distant relatives (McClures and Cantrells) northeast of Helen

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
And let's not forget the McClure's from this area. My grandmother's and sister's side of the family.
Anyone know anything of them?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I know someone who's property is bordered by McClure creek at the base of Chimney mtn.

1eyefishing

We lost dad the day before yesterday.
I hope he gets to play barefooted in the creek again with Marion and Paul...

Duff

Very sorry 1eye. Prayers for you and your family.

Duff

I still haven't seen any of the folks we talked about but I will show this to them when I do.

1eyefishing

New info!
Again, wondering if any of our forum members have seen one of these?ezgif.com-resize.jpg

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I might recognize that cabin. Will have to look closer a two buildings next time I drive skylake road and 356

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Thought so. My cabin is a mile from there and occasionally I see a camping trailer parked there for a month or two at a time. Thought about stopping and talking to the people. Would that be you?

1eyefishing

My granny was Mattie Sue McClure.
This is the first I've heard of her family before her. Her parents were William McClure and Kate Heidt Bonner.

1eyefishing

Thought so. My cabin is a mile from there and occasionally I see a camping trailer parked there for a month or two at a time. Thought about stopping and talking to the people. Would that be you?
Not me.
This is the first I've heard of this place in surprise that is still standing. I knew I was looking in the right direction, but didn't realize this cabin could still be there.
I'd like to see it soon.

1eyefishing

**** near choked up and got a tear when I told my wife I think this is where my grandmother was born.
Got more reading to do....

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Not me.
This is the first I've heard of this place in surprise that is still standing. I knew I was looking in the right direction, but didn't realize this cabin could still be there.
I'd like to see it soon.

If you are going to be in the area let me know I might be there too or arrange to be there. Two, if I see the trailer there I will definitely stop and talk to the people if they are there.

1eyefishing

Also suspicious of Doug McClure, who was an actor in the old western series called 'The Virginian'. My mother once told me she thought he was in my dad's bloodline.