Cougar attack

gunnurse

Didn’t see another thread on this yet, so sorry if it’s a repeat.

An adult male cougar weighing 100 pounds chased and attacked two mountain bikers near Seattle yesterday. It killed one of them. The cougar was found still standing over his kill and was in turn killed. Just wow!

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
Proving once again that you don't have to be able to out run the cougar, you just have to out run your buddy:hair:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like bicycles trigger something in a panther's predatory instinct. A majority of cougar attacks seem to be on bikers.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
What a shame to have to put the cat down.

They said the cat was acting unusually? Emaciated = Really hungry and a buffet on wheels rolls by. I see nothing unusual about a wild animal wanting to eat, out in the wild.

Cmp1

BANNED
What a shame to have to put the cat down.

They said the cat was acting unusually? Emaciated = Really hungry and a buffet on wheels rolls by. I see nothing unusual about a wild animal wanting to eat, out in the wild.

I'm with you,,,, should have been tranquilized and relocated,,,,

T-N-T

These things happen.
And one thing is for sure, humans will punish the animal for being an animal

lbzdually

Banned
Seems like bicycles trigger something in a panther's predatory instinct. A majority of cougar attacks seem to be on bikers.

It is true. Biologists think a bike rider mimics a big cat's normal prey of 4 legged animals. In countries where jaguars and tiger attacks are common, the natives wear face masks on the back of their head, because big cats almost always attack from behind. It probably has something to do with them getting gored by prey and rear attack on an animal is less risky.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
These things happen.
And one thing is for sure, humans will punish the animal for being an animal

Those bikers should have done that before the cat got the drop on them.

NOYDB

BANNED
Or they should bike in their neighborhood, not the cat's.

So far never heard of a cat attacking a bike rider in the city.

zedex

Gator Bait
The cats do come into the city. Several months ago, the school my daughter attends sent out urgent notice via text and email stating the school was under lock down due to a cougar being spotted in the neighborhood. With bears, lock downs are common with a few every year. But the frequency due to cougars in town is increasing