Acclimatization.

Argent11

Let's talk acclimatization , since we are from all over.
I love the South, it's sooo beautiful and the people
are wonderful. But how the heck do you breath down
there? Do you have gills or something with that humidity?

I'm only kidding no offence. But im a high altitude desert rat so it's a hard on me down there. But!! You have problems here also. The air is so thin and the heat is so dry. That's why you guys and coastal CA love the environment of the Carlsbad caverns when you come to visit.

When im saying get me the heck out of here lol. I get back to the surface and saying oh thank you.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Give it time. Your heart rate will slow, and you'll develop slow speech with that long southern drawl. Sweet Iced tea, and/or ice chests full of busch light will help. Don't ask me about the gnats. There's no getting used to that. Take it slow, watch your step, keep it between the ditches.

Argent11

Give it time. Your heart rate will slow, and you'll develop slow speech with that long southern drawl. Sweet Iced tea, and/or ice chests full of busch light will help. Don't ask me about the gnats. There's no getting used to that. Take it slow, watch your step, keep it between the ditches.

Thank you. I have a dear friend from CA who owns property in the south, here and in CA. No she is not a liberal and she didn't vote for Hillary

Acclimatization is hitting her petty hard right now. Traveling so much like she does.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I work outside side in this stuff. It's been pretty humid lately but it hasn't got hot yet. I've been doing this since 1985 in Georgia. 4 of those years was in Florida. Even worse heat and humidity. You definitely have to get acclimated to it. And drink lots and lots of water. The problem most folks have with it, is they work in the AC and live in the AC. When they go outside it makes it much worse.

Argent11

I work outside side in this stuff. It's been pretty humid lately but it hasn't got hot yet. I've been doing this since 1985 in Georgia. 4 of those years was in Florida. Even worse heat and humidity. You definitely have to get acclimated to it. And drink lots and lots of water. The problem most folks have with it, is they work in the AC and live in the AC. When they go outside it makes it much worse.

I just go out in the desert for awhile then im fine.
I was ok with the caverns when i was a kid. But not
now. My daughter came over yesterday and said
dang dad it's hot in here!!! I didn't think so it felt
fine to me.

Now the NM winters OMG!! That hurts.

Argent11

My daughter said dad how do you live in this? Your not even sweating !! It's 100 degrees. Feels ok to me honey ain't much humidity lol.
Hey it's a dry heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts