The vest

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
It took a really tough guy to get down that river with a bone sticking out of his leg.......just sayin.......

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Not if you squeal....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My sister has a bowl that was in the scene in Deliverance when they got back to civilization and were eating supper at the boarding house.

The house that we were living in when I was born, Dad bought from Herbert "Cowboy" Coward, the guy who played the toothless hillbilly rapist in Deliverance. He still lives here in Haywood County, NC. Burt Reynolds worked for a season playing a gunfighter at Ghost Town theme park in Maggie Valley, and Cowboy worked with him, that's how they got hooked up.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Are we supposed to believe you look like Burt?

Over thirty five years ago the only time my father, my brother and I went bass fishing together on a private pond in our backyard. I was still just a kid playing around and caught the big bass. Well while taking some pictures my jealous brother photo bombed me. He wasn’t happy and He had just grown a mustache for the first time. In that one picture he looks exactly like Burt Reynolds to the point I could fool my friends or anybody “Hey look Burt went fishing with me” So the reason I tell this story is because for the past thirty five years since then my brother absolutely violently refuses to shave off his mustache because he still to this day thinks it makes him look exactly like Burt. I’ve asked him many many times to shave it just once. Every once in a while I’ll say Burt did and I’ll get that look. He also claims my mount hanging in his garage like he shoulda been the one to catch it that day because I was just playing around and he was seriously fishing.facepalm:

Attachments

• 32C16050-5F2E-4461-9BA2-D209BF22BFDF.jpeg
    32C16050-5F2E-4461-9BA2-D209BF22BFDF.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited: