Retirement

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The Forgotten Coast.

crackerdave

Costa Rica in winter,mountains in the summer.

Cindy and I have decided a move at this stage in our lives would be too much.We have accumulated too much stuff.

A lot depends on how you feel about the 2nd Amendment and your rights to own and/or carry a firearm. Some places let ya, some don't. I live where they let me. YMMV :flag:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Index waterfront properties on freshwater lakes in the southeast by their price and their proximity to walmarks/grandkids. Find one. Move in. Build a dock with a gazebo. Hope this helps.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Really can't imagine living anywhere, but where we are now .

Dialer

I live where I live strictly for my job. Looking to move also, and the new place must have a garage for my motorcycles, and close to a reservoir a LONG way from the city.

ryork

I've never really thought about ever leaving NW GA, it's home and where I grew up. Truly never thought about living anywhere else because I've got roots that run real deep here. However, as I've gotten older and witnessed all the changes taking place and Metro Atlanta and everything that comes with it creeping further and further outward in every direction, we may end up changing our minds. While I've still got a small town rural life right now as far as being at home, the sprawl, traffic, endless subdivisions and strip malls, and all the folks who assume they're better than you because they moved here from somewhere else are right on our doorstep.

If money were no object, I'd have a summer house around Grand Lake Stream in Maine, and a winter place on Islamorada FL. But since that doesn't appear to be in the offing, maybe somewhere further out from the ATL in far NW GA or up into TN where I will outlive the sprawl. I would move to Cody WY or the Gardiner Montanan areas in a New York second too. I'm an only child and I feel obligated to my parents to stay here as well because they're not moving. That is the overriding factor at the moment as well as we're in arguably the best school district in the state and will hang around until at least until Little Bit graduates.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
If money were no object, I would have a place in the Pacific NW for the summer in Oregon or Washington and a place around St Pete Beach for the winter. Since money is an object, it’s hard to beat NW GA where I’m at.

BassFrye82

Maybe not to move, but one last dance before settling down should be at "Whiskey River Landing" outside Henderson, Louisiana! Right on the bayou, hole in the wall, live cajun band, cold drinks, and great people. Too much fun to miss.