best deer rifle

mcgraw

For me I think Remington 700,in 308 special purpose rife with a bull barrel on it. Which I just got order for me at bulleyemarksman I'm hoping it should be here Monday,I love my old C&R guns I hunt with but I needed a real upgrade.But the savage are nice but I hate that look of the barrel where that nut is joining the receiver to the barrel.

mstew

I love my 700 270. Just picked up a 770 300 mag, i'm going to shoot it some more to gain confidence with it. Probably still shoot my 270 this year. Just can't beat it!

General3388

Marlin 30-30. Knockem dead every time.

turkeys101

there's two rifles i just cant get enough of.the 308 and the marlin 30-30

turkeys101

Last edited:

timberghost1

whatever fits you best,, i like my remington 30-06, if im hunting power lines or big fields i use my remington 300 ultra mag because of the long distance shots, but all around the 270 and 30-06 is hard to beat...just my opion

shadow2

win model 70 laminate stock in 270wsm
and
remington model 7 in 308

Apex Predator

Marlin 1894P in .44 mag with a 1.5 X 4.5 scope. Best deer rifle I've ever owned. Have killed many truck loads with it.

Fourayball

Savage 110 in 7mm. Have had it for 8 years and have not had 1 run more than 20 yards from it. Regret not taking it this moring...could have possibly found my trophy if i would have.

BuckBoy

The one you shoot best. For me it is a Browning A-Bolt in 7mm that I glass bedded 20 years ago. But only if I shoot the correct handloads. Otherwise it shoots 2 inch groups at 100 yrds.

Buckhead

Remington Mountain LSS in .260. I have a Zeiss Diavari 3 x 9 on it and I think is just about a perfect rig for Whitetails. Lightweight, fairly compact, enough power without over doing it. The only time when I don't use that rifle is when I am hunting a power line or clear cut. I take my BDL in .300 Win when I think I will get a shot over 300 yds.

drtybykr

S&w model 1500 win.300 mag
Filling the freezer since 1977

sorrydog

I got a old Remington 788 308. I had about every gun in the deer hunting world. Killed more deer with the 308 than any other gun. It's not a 200 yard shot gun but 150 yards or less it's deadly! My Browning Bar 30-06 is nice and use it sometimes in open fields, but I'm a woods hunter and "NOTHING" beats my:clap: old 788!