Lets see your Bobcat mounts

is this a place where taxidermist can advertise now:huh:cause two of these replys are from taxi's, just wondering if anyone is payin attention to the rules?

bowbuck

Haven,

Thanks. Mine is what I consider OK for what I paid.....about $300 with the rock base etc.... If I knew then what I know now I would search out a Taxidermist who is GREAT at the cats. It's all in the proportions and the eyes. Mine has a kind of Asian look but the man did a great job as this was one of his first cats.

Take a look at this thread and you will see what I mean........Some of these by Wildlife Artist on the 2nd page look like they are still breathing.....As the man says......Spend the extra and get a great looking mount. I know he will get my next one no matter what the cost.

Click here http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1799598/page/0/fpart/1

Robert

The best bobcat mounts I have ever seen. The difference in these and all others is night and day. That is amazing.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
is this a place where taxidermist can advertise now:huh:cause two of these replys are from taxi's, just wondering if anyone is payin attention to the rules?

no they cant, same with any other type of advertising. they can reply to threads or answer questions etc though.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
The best bobcat mounts I have ever seen. The difference in these and all others is night and day. That is amazing.

Haven and Bowbuck,

Go here and look at all of his work. This man is amazing. I don't know him, have never had work done by him but just found the site. If the pics are representative of his work then he is in another league.

http://www.wildlifeartiststudio.com

Robert

bowbuck

Yep I looked at his site before I posted above. All of his work is very impressive. It makes you want to shoot a possum and mail it to him (even though he is no longer taking in animals). Pretty nice taxidermy, even though the fake deer antlers aren't helping him any. LOL

Last edited:

marknga

GONetwork Member
I agree those links to "Wildlife Artist" are the best cat mounts I have ever seen. I would say that 99% of the cat mounts I have seen in person aren't exactly life like.
As a young man I always wanted one mounted but never had the chance to shoot one. Now I just enjoy seeing them every now and then.

Good luck in finding the "right" taxidermist for your needs.

Mark

Confederate_Jay

Cat mount

Got this one in Townsend 7 or 8 years ago. I paid $200 to have it mounted. I think I did OK. I've had quite a few people startled when they saw it "lounging" in my study.

Attachments

• bobcat 017.jpg
    bobcat 017.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 12,279
  • bobcat 018.jpg
    bobcat 018.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 8,880
  • bobcat 016.jpg
    bobcat 016.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8,837
  • bobcat 014.jpg
    bobcat 014.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 8,755

capt stan

Got this one in Townsend 7 or 8 years ago. I paid $200 to have it mounted. I think I did OK. I've had quite a few people startled when they saw it "lounging" in my study.

Jay, we basicly have the same mount. You got a better price though. I think mine was around $250.00 It was about 8 or 10 years ago when I got it done.

cat.jpg

Confederate_Jay

Jay, we basicly have the same mount. You got a better price though. I think mine was around $250.00 It was about 8 or 10 years ago when I got it done.

cat.jpg

Who did yours? They probably charged a little extra for the alligator:rofl:

I have an 8 point & red fox, done by the same guy in Jesup. He has my coyote right now. I saw a gray fox he mounted laying down and it was such a simple mount but probably one of the most realistic I'd seen- so I had him do my cat the same way.

capt stan

Who did yours? They probably charged a little extra for the alligator:rofl:

I have an 8 point & red fox, done by the same guy in Jesup. He has my coyote right now. I saw a gray fox he mounted laying down and it was such a simple mount but probably one of the most realistic I'd seen- so I had him do my cat the same way.

Man I can't even remember who did that one. My guy was so boked up I took it to someone else. He did a good job on it.

The gator is one of those things ya get when your on the road stop for gas and then ya have to shut the kids up for the rest of the trip:rofl: Now you know they HAD TO HAVE IT... see where it wound up though:huh:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
im with you i didnt see it as advertising but there again you cant mention other taxidermist in this forum without catchin heat:huh: i think it helps to mention others so people can find out things about the taxidermist in there area whos good and whos not so good ect.

yall can mention anyone you want, but remember that lots and lots of folks here have some serious loyalty to woody...who provided this place for us for many many years...not only for the quality of work, which is second to none on deer and fish, but also the quality of man which goes without saying.

also the reason yall didnt see the above posts as advertising is because I removed the taxi's links to their own pages before you saw them. no problems with folks being informative, but leave the advertising angle out

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I killed this one with my bow a few years ago. he came sneaking through a privet head i was hunting. I made a sqeaking sound with my mouth. He turned and took the trail right by my stand.

Attachments

• trophy room 001.jpg
    trophy room 001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 8,259

camo93

Shot this little guy acouple of years ago.. Pretty animals..

here you go

Attachments

• Bobcat.JPG
    Bobcat.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 13,260

Latest posts