Cabela's in Georgia???

jharrell

I heard at one time they were looking at Mcdonough, but I guess that would be to close to BPS in Macon. I agree Cabela's would shut down a BPS. Guess I will have to keep ordering.

Buzz

I don't think Cabelas would shut down a BPS. BPS's fishing selection in their stores is far better than Cabelas, but the hunting / clothing supplies at Cabelas are much better. After going to the Cabelas in Chicago, I was really bummed when I knew ours wasn't coming.

shawn mills

I aint got but an acre but if they want, Cabelas can build on it in my back yard. I figure it'll save me a lot on gas when they finally do come to Ga. Ya know.... just walk out the back door!

Triton Mike

I don't have a dog in this hunt but all the Cabelas I have been to have been out in the sticks to begin with?? So I wasn't surprised with the Adairsville location for that reason but I believe that if people would want to come to cabelas from Nooga they wouldn't let 44 miles stop them from coming to North Atlanta (Acworth)

Mike

Buzz

Some are some aren't. Most of their larger stores are more urban but some of them are in very small areas - but then again they are much smaller. Some of their stores are about 50k square feet. This one was planned to be a very big store (~165k square feet) and supposedly like the one near Chicago which was in an urban area.

Doc_Holliday23

I've been to two, Kansas City, which is a pretty big one, and Mitchell, SD, which is pretty small. KC was awesome... it was the best sporting goods store I've ever been to. They had more trophy mounts than anyplace I've ever seen: an Africa area, a mule deer museum with over 150 full body muley mounts, gigantic blue marlin, and a huge mountain right in the middle with everything you could think of... from beavers to muskox. I went 3 days in a row.

SD was good, but it wasn't anywhere near the destination that KC was. I'm sure they would have made the Atlanta Cabelas a serious destination. Something you could spend 5 hours in.

Doc_Holliday23

I've been to two, Kansas City, which is a pretty big one, and Mitchell, SD, which is pretty small. KC was awesome... it was the best sporting goods store I've ever been to. They had more trophy mounts than anyplace I've ever seen: an Africa area, a mule deer museum with over 150 full body muley mounts, gigantic blue marlin, and a huge mountain right in the middle with everything you could think of... from beavers to muskox. I went 3 days in a row.

SD was good, but it wasn't anywhere near the destination that KC was. I'm sure they would have made the Atlanta Cabelas a serious destination. Something you could spend 5 hours in.

Doc_Holliday23

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I got a Cabelas "store" that I visit routinely. It is in the magazine rack in my bathroom.;)

With the economy being like it is I guess that one will have to do for now.:rolleyes:

Doc_Holliday23

say it again Doc ;)

Fireaway

I am glad to hear some other people are unsatisfied with BPS. In my opinion Cabelas is a much better store. I have visited one in kansas and one in Sidney, Nebraska several times and loved it.

jharrell

I agree with Doc. I have been to the one in Kansas City, and awesome is an under statement.

Fro1911nut

Been to the one in Ft Worth....I was praying for one in Adairsville

SheldonMOAC

I have been to each of the Cabelas Store locations for Grand Opening events since the Dundee, MI store. It was sad to see the Adairsville location not open. I know they are looking more in the Southeast because of the success the Lousianna location.

Keep our fingers crossed for a GA store opening.

SWAMPFOX

I have been to the Cabela's in Gonzalez, LA. It is very nice and big. I could have spent two whole days there.

I was a little perplexed about the location in Gonzalez but it is a bedroom community of Baton Rouge and has a fantastic school system and a very strong, capable, no-nonsense law enforcement system that has drawn folks to the area from New Orleans and Baton Rouge, according to a local motel owner I spoke with. It is across the road from a destination outlet mall and right off I-10.

I wish they'd build one in Florida. 'Course I really can't complain. I have a very decent Gander Mountain 15 minutes away. I much prefer GM to BPS.

letsgohuntin

I've heard talk from more than one source about Cabelas looking at putting a store in Cordele on the Albany exit(Hwy 300). Obviously Cordele itself couldn't support it, so I guess the idea would be a centralized location between Albany, Valdosta, and Macon along with the heavy I-75 traffic.