coyote bounty

COYOTE X

No bounty exists in Georgia for coyotes......... However, if one did develop in the future, it would change my time spent calling coyotes from "hobby" to "part time job"..LOL COYOTE X

awr72

why doesnt the state allow coyote hunting year round on wmas thats what i dont understand im just gettin into the calling thing and have been reading every law there is on wmas and they only allow it during other seasons seems like they would allow guys the opp all year.prob why its hard to run RABBIT ON WMA TOO.the way i read is during most of the hunting seasons with the weapon of that season ie if during small game only with small game weapons ie 17 or 22 or shotgun with 2 shot or smaller .seems they would let guys blast these things year round with at least centerfire 22.stupid to me why they look at yotes and hogs as a shoot em if ya see em type thing//// get rid of em

awr72

and then part two of my reading of the predator rules on wmas it says no electronic calls can be used for fox or bobcat do we really have a shortage of them in georgia i think not .i know why small game hunting is so tuff on georgia wmas now

Dupree

and then part two of my reading of the predator rules on wmas it says no electronic calls can be used for fox or bobcat do we really have a shortage of them in georgia i think not .i know why small game hunting is so tuff on georgia wmas now

this year they started allowing electronic calls to be used for yotes on wma. you reading the current regs?

awr72

yes i realize they allow for yotes but if ya look at post 2 i said not for fox or bobcat

Coastie

Coyotes are considered a nuisance animal in Georgia, Fox and Bobcats are considered Furbearers and regulated under trapping regulations. You may hunt Furbearers with firearms as well as trapping them, but they are classified and treated differently. Trapping is illegal on most WMAs so while you may hunt Furbearers with firearms on them the trappers get short changed on the deal there.

Coastie

Yotes will be a problem in the state when the oh mighty TURKEY is about gone

Coyotes are a problem now according to most people I encounter, the problem is most people are too lazy or too busy or too indifferent to do something about it. There are opportunities in Georgia for nine months out of the year on public property and year round on private property to hunt and or trap them yet all anybody ever seems to do is complain about the lack of opportunity to hunt them on the terms of some individual. One person wants to hunt them at night with whatever it is that strikes his fancy at the moment, the next wants to hunt them year round on WMAs with his handy-dandy .22-250 equiped with coyote sensing radar and night vision, computer enhanced widgets. The truth of the matter is that very few are actually prepared to do anything other than bellyache about it. Club members complain about the number of coyotes and other predators on their properties yet their club presidents can't even get them to show up for work days to do anything. None of them are willing to spend some extra time in the off season (available year round) hunting the problem critters and as an extra benefit showing a presence to help keep tresspassers and others off of their lease. Everybody wants somebody else to take care of their problems but are unwilling to do anything about it themselves and would rather blame the DNR or some other agency for their own lack of initiative.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
You want to get rid of the coyote, buy your wife, girl friend, mother, daughters, etc...jackets, gloves, hats, or whatever made out of southern coyote pelts. You create a market for southern coyotes and more folks will actively go after them. Until then, they are gonna keep getting plentiful. I remember when the first coyote was killed down in my neck of the woods and when we started catching them back in the 70s.....you couldn't do anything with them then, during the peak of the fur market, you can't do anything with them now. The only reason we trapped them then was because the land owner wanted us to and we had to in order to have permission to trap. You were made to use a trap that other wise you would be using on a high dollar cat or fox (they were worth a good bit back in the late 70's). Make a market for them, other than pens (pain in the .... to keep them alive) and then folks will target them intentionally.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Coyotes are a problem now according to most people I encounter, the problem is most people are too lazy or too busy or too indifferent to do something about it. There are opportunities in Georgia for nine months out of the year on public property and year round on private property to hunt and or trap them yet all anybody ever seems to do is complain about the lack of opportunity to hunt them on the terms of some individual. One person wants to hunt them at night with whatever it is that strikes his fancy at the moment, the next wants to hunt them year round on WMAs with his handy-dandy .22-250 equiped with coyote sensing radar and night vision, computer enhanced widgets. The truth of the matter is that very few are actually prepared to do anything other than bellyache about it. Club members complain about the number of coyotes and other predators on their properties yet their club presidents can't even get them to show up for work days to do anything. None of them are willing to spend some extra time in the off season (available year round) hunting the problem critters and as an extra benefit showing a presence to help keep tresspassers and others off of their lease. Everybody wants somebody else to take care of their problems but are unwilling to do anything about it themselves and would rather blame the DNR or some other agency for their own lack of initiative.

:yeah::cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :yeah:

T

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
You want to get rid of the coyote, buy your wife, girl friend, mother, daughters, etc...jackets, gloves, hats, or whatever made out of southern coyote pelts. You create a market for southern coyotes and more folks will actively go after them. Until then, they are gonna keep getting plentiful. I remember when the first coyote was killed down in my neck of the woods and when we started catching them back in the 70s.....you couldn't do anything with them then, during the peak of the fur market, you can't do anything with them now. The only reason we trapped them then was because the land owner wanted us to and we had to in order to have permission to trap. You were made to use a trap that other wise you would be using on a high dollar cat or fox (they were worth a good bit back in the late 70's). Make a market for them, other than pens (pain in the .... to keep them alive) and then folks will target them intentionally.

Ditto to this too. :yeah:

T