Back from Kansas....

cbig1981

Found a good amount of quail, pheasants were hit or miss and even the occasional prairie chicken here and there. Hunted walk in areas with 2 britneys and a young setter. All in all a good trip to KS

Attachments

• IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_5831.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_5835.jpg
    IMG_5835.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_5834.jpg
    IMG_5834.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_5832.jpg
    IMG_5832.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 593

nrh0011

man you did well, tough finding WIHA that's worth hunting sometimes. Very nice birds and a prairie chicken to boot, I'd say your trip was more than successful. Looks like you found some good CRP ground.

Killinstuff

You all did well.

I'm just now heading from Kansas. Started in the SW corner of the state and worked my way NE to Grand Bend. Actually, I saw 20 to 70 pheasants a day and found 2 to 5 coveys of quail everyday. A WIHA areas. I thought the bird numbers were way up, quail in particular. I'd drive back roads all day looking for WIHA's with good edges and the spot on the spot. If I saw more than 4 beer cans on the road by the WIHA I kept right on driving.

mecicon

Guessing WIHA is "Walk In Hunt Area".........

Killinstuff

Correct. Most are grazed over pastures or seas of grass. But if you put in the miles you'll find good spots. Hunt as far away from the towns as you can and like I mentions above, avoid the beer cans.