Emergency survival skill.

Heathern

BANNED
I think I will build one of those and put it on my front porch for peddlers.

I will make a fake doorbell button with a sign that reads "Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, gutter cleaners, basement waterproofers or AT&T salesmen, ring this doorbell".

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks pretty cool, but in a survival situation, I'd say making some stout snares would be a lot easier and more productive. Not to mention, less likely to kill other folks or non-target critters.

Hillbilly stalker

Sorry, but this is laughable. He is using a toggle trigger commonly used for snares, but the trap is actually a deadfall . Looks like it would require at least 25 foot of cordage, and if you make cordage, you know how tuff that is.. A deer will jump the string on a 300 Fps bow, that mess is dropping a lot slower than that and making constant noise. There are a lot more simple and effective traps tHan that. I believe I Could walk thru that one and never get a scratch. I've studied primitive trapping and practiced it. This one won't fly. Nothing wrong with trying and mixing things up, but that dog won't hunt. Better off making a dozen snares with that cordage.