Jake advice

kengland

My son was drawn for the Clybel youth quota hunt. I kinda know the area from fishing but haven't turkey hunted in many years. He is stoked so I'm on board. Anyone care to share any advice, calls, locations, anything. Thanks

deast1988

Use to be loaded, now tougher to hunt. I'd load up and ride the ridges in the morning stop turn off engine step away from car and listen. You'll hear them, the only turkey quota I apply for. Go walk the fields find the freshest sign. A few fairly new clear cuts check on those. Don't over call, biggest bird I saw come off it was 11:45am. Dude got on them from roost struck out snuck back in killed a silent ghost mid/late morning. It's awesome woods, big place to dissect. Pre scout for best success day of a few spots load up with hunters. I've seen 7 trucks parked at same gate, shook my head and kept driving. Public land quotas Some show respect some could care less if your son is with you.
Find the birds figure thier routine and set up along it. Great road system there so easy to check lots of ground fairly quick. I got rejected this year so my most recent info is 3yrs old. My brother got picked, for adult hunt I'll be gunless guide for him late season over there.

Good Luck