Weyerhaeuser lease rate increase

Condor

We have a 249 acre lease in Harris County which is currently owned by Weyerhaeuser. Last year the price was $14.00/acre with insurance. This year the price is $14.67 per acre.

When we started the lease in 2010 it was $10.00/acre with Mead Westvaco.

transfixer

Ours has went up 5% each of the last 3yrs, and will this year also, the problem we may be facing this year, and others as well, is evidently timber is in demand, I'm guessing for lumber and telephone poles because of various storms across the southeast ? I've noticed a lot of timber cutting around where I live, and a large chunk of our lease in NE Ga is 25+ yr old pines. If we don't get logged this year, I'm pretty sure we will by the next couple.

Mako22

BANNED
We had a decrease this year due to a timber harvest on our place. In the coming years they will work it back into the price so in the long run we will still end up paying more.

transfixer

I'd love to have a decrease, but that ain't gonna happen with the "agri-business management group" that owns our property ,,,, the last time we had a conversation about their logging schedule their reply was " so go lease somewhere else ! " this company has no comprehension of business relationship loyalty.

Mako22

BANNED
I'd love to have a decrease, but that ain't gonna happen with the "agri-business management group" that owns our property ,,,, the last time we had a conversation about their logging schedule their reply was " so go lease somewhere else ! " this company has no comprehension of business relationship loyalty.

The problem with the decrease due to harvest activities is that they make up for it down the road. In about 3 years we will have a rather large increase that will include the % they did not add on this year and the next. Its nice for now but will cost us on about year 3 or 4 of post harvest.

swamp hunter

Mine's up $75 per member this year.
450 Members..that's a lot of $$