Higher Lease Rates...Good News and Bad News

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I was just reading about several of you discussing your increasing lease rates for your hunting properties etc.

Well, Georgia Pacific Corporation just made an announce on Tuesday that it will be building a new, much more modernized plant right beside their current one in Warren County, Georgia.

As I read the details about it, it surely reveals an increase in their daily work force of 30-40 more employees for this rural county and will be requiring quite a number of construction employees during this new expansion, which is great. However, as I continued reading about it, this new new plant will be able to produce three times more production than the current existing plant. The projected production is estimated to be 350 million board-feet of lumber per year.

I also see that it will be anticipating taking in approximately 185 truckloads of pine logs each day once this is completed. That in itself will require more truck driving jobs and also the additional fuel costs, tires, maintenance, etc which is a snow-ball economy effect of such an expansion.

As I stated, this is certainly good news for Warren County and the surrounding area as for as employment goes but it also could be some bad news down the road for some of you that lease hunting properties within a fairly large area around Warren County.

Click on this link for the entire details:

https://www.gp.com/news/2018/02/warren-county-lumber-mill