Fat 18 inch rainbow trout (updated 3/2)

NCummins

I usually a catch and release fisherman, but it sure would of been hard letting that delicious fatty rainbow go.
Congrats on a good day.

The mtn man

Seeds got some nice trout. Haven't fished it yet this year. Usually start once it warms a bit.

Tree cutter, what kind of boat do you use to fish seed?

greg_n_clayton

Got a 17ft carolina skiff center console. Works good on the smaller lakes. Lanier can be rough when summer hits.

That is over kill I would say, well maybe not in daylight in summer. Don't need a "big" boat there. I fish it with 14 welded grizzly. I like the shallows in warm weather for the smaller ones. Deep toward the dam at night. Of course down riggers are a option !!

The mtn man

I'm gonna get a fishing kayak, seed lake is on my bucket list.

The mtn man

Tugalo is even cooler, make sure you add that one to your list to visit with a fishing kayak.

Not sure if trout in Tugalo though...

Thanks, I'm not really interested in trout, their a dime a dozen up here, I'm thinking shell crackers and perch.

Scout'nStripers

Holy cow, that looks like some cold fishing Klag. Those are some nice trout. Very nice.:cheers:

Klag

Went back and got another fatty. This guy gut-hooked himself, so he was dinner.

IMG_20150302_151537_133.jpg

IMG_20150302_193644_541.jpg

IMG_20150302_195832_104.jpg

IMG_20150302_204646_905.jpg

IMG_20150302_204907_553.jpg

IMG_20150302_115724_565.jpg

Cashvaluerecovery

Good job man. That time we were talking about is right around the corner. Hope you are ready in a couple weeks. I will up there almost every weekend.

Klag

Now we're talking . Yuuuum !
Thst spot looks familiar . Kirby

Yeah, that's the Nacoochee Dam on the Rabun side. I took Bear Gap Road there and stopped at the dam to see how it looked. I actually continued on to Seed Lake again for this trout. Got him in almost the same place as the other big one. :D

Klag

Good job man. That time we were talking about is right around the corner. Hope you are ready in a couple weeks. I will up there almost every weekend.

Yes sir! I'd love to bump into ya up there, but I only get to fish weekdays, never on weekends :(