How much is this Beretta worth?

My buddy's mom is looking to sell this exact gun, but she doesn't know how much to ask for it. I have done some research online, but can't seem to find a price. Does anyone know how much its worth? It is in mint condition, never fired and has only been out of the box 4 times including this time for the photos. It comes with 2 clips, one matching, one silver. All paperwork is included. Face to face sale only. Thanks in advance. I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section. If that's the case, by all means, please move to the correct section.

UPDATE
After much speculation, my friend's mother has decided to price the gun at $750

Beretta_1.jpg

Beretta_2.jpg

Beretta_3.jpg

Beretta_4.jpg

Beretta_5.jpg

Beretta_6.jpg

Beretta_7.jpg

Beretta_8.jpg

Beretta_9.jpg

Last edited:

dew38

THIS IS BLUE BOOK HOPE IT HELPS

MODEL 92FS & 92F
- 9mm Para. cal., official U.S. military variation of 92 Series, 4.9 in. barrel, alloy frame, steel slide, 10 (C/B 1994), or 15* (reintroduced late 2004, optional) shot mag., loaded chamber indicator, matte black Bruniton or olive drab (mfg. 2004) finish, squared off trigger guard to facilitate two-hand shooting, extended mag. base, choice of regular or 3-dot sights (new 1991), approx 34 1/2 oz. Model 92F-P has plastic grips. Model 92F-W has wood grips. New 1984.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
MSR $625 $540 $465 $415 $380 $340 $310 $280

Add $25 for olive drab finish (mfg. 2004 only).
Add $24 for B-Lok safety system using key lock (mfg. 2003 only).
Add $462 for .22 LR conversion kit (includes slide, barrel, recoil spring, and .22 LR mag., new 2002).
Add approx. $20 for checkered wood grips (Model 92F-W, disc. 1998).
Add approx. $80 for Tritium sight system (mfg. 1994-98).
Add 10% for Trijicon (disc.) sights.
Add approx. $175 for gold engraving/accenting (Model EL-3, 92F-W only, disc. 1998).
Add $395 for 9mm Competition Conversion Kit (mfg. 1992-98).
The Model 92FS incorporates a slide retaining pin engineering change not included in the Model 92F.
The U.S. military on January 15, 1985 announced that the M9 military variation of the commercial Model 92F would replace the Colt Govt. Model .45 ACP as the standard government issue sidearm. Because of domestic political pressures, Congress requested that a new sidearm competition be conducted again in 1988. The result of this second trial was that the Department of the Army announced on May 22, 1989 that Beretta had won again. This military contract with Beretta U.S.A. Corp. initially involved over 320,000 Model M9s (military designation for the commercial Model 92F) manufactured for U.S. military consumption in the 1990s. Actual delivery of commercial Model 92s began in January of 1986, while M9 delivery to U.S. Armed Forces exceeded 430,000 units, and was completed in 1999.
During 2005, Beretta USA received 13 separate contracts to provide M9 pistols and associated spare parts to the U.S. armed forces. In Jan., 2009, Beretta announced that it had been awarded a U.S. Army contract for 450,000 Model 92FS pistols, for U.S. military customers throughout the world. This contract, if all pistol quantities and associated spare parts are ordered, is worth $220 million.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chuckgga

what are you all asking for it?
the book value reads odd ont he gold lettering - says add $175, but only on certain models, and this isn't that model is it? says 92-f-w only? not sure-

$400.00 give or take is a fair price.

Weagle

HAHA! yeah right. Used base 92s aren't even going for that. Nice try...

Everyone else, Thanks a lot for the information and the work you have put in trying to answer my question. We will have a price for you soon.

njanear

HAHA! yeah right. Used base 92s aren't even going for that. Nice try...

Everyone else, Thanks a lot for the information and the work you have put in trying to answer my question. We will have a price for you soon.

Unless something changed, CDNN was selling M92s in the low to mid $300 range. Of course those were LEO turn-ins and nowhere as nice as this one.

I'm sure someone looking for a bling shooter will be PMing you soon.

rjcruiser

Do you honestly think that gun and the gun in the pictures above are worth the same?

I have no idea...can't see the pics as the firewall at work doesn't allow photobucket or other websites like that to come through.

Just going off of your comment that base 92s couldn't be had for $400.

You come on here asking for opinions and you got that--Opinions. Don't get upset when someone tells you something you don't want to hear.

I have no idea...can't see the pics as the firewall at work doesn't allow photobucket or other websites like that to come through.

Just going off of your comment that base 92s couldn't be had for $400.

You come on here asking for opinions and you got that--Opinions. Don't get upset when someone tells you something you don't want to hear.

I'm not getting upset over people's comments, but when someone insults my intelligence and tries to tell me that a limited edition, gold engraved beretta 92fs with wooden grips that has never been shot and has only been out of the box 4 times is worth "$400 give or take", c'mon man...I was born at night, but not last night...

Opinions are one thing, but coming at me like I'm stupid so you can get a deal is something else. BTW, I'm not directing this at you, just in general.

rjcruiser

I'm not getting upset over people's comments, but when someone insults my intelligence and tries to tell me that a limited edition, gold engraved beretta 92fs with wooden grips that has never been shot and has only been out of the box 4 times is worth "$400 give or take", c'mon man...I was born at night, but not last night...

Opinions are one thing, but coming at me like I'm stupid so you can get a deal is something else. BTW, I'm not directing this at you, just in general.

Gotcha.....based on your description...I'll give you $401

:bounce::bounce:

j/k good luck with the sale.

mrfudd

I paid around $325 for a NIB Model 92 from CDNN last year. Weagle's estimate may be a little low, but not by much. I would say $500 tops. BTW, I know Weagle is a frequent trader (and I believe he works in a major gun store), so he has a very good idea of gun values.

CAL

You could google "guns America" and possibly find a gun like it or close.I would think the gun you are asking about would bring top dollar.What top dollar is I do not have a clue.It is definitely in a "as new" condition and a beautiful gun.Good luck in getting a top dollar price for it!

Ga Sportsman

Weagle won't be slinging a whole lot of bull as he works at a Ed's Pawn Shop which I would venture to say, deals as many guns as anywhere in the state. High dollar pistols are not selling very well these days w/ money the way it is....Shoot for $500 I'd say, but I'm no professional.

VHinch

Beretta has put out about a million "special edition" 92's. The problem with limited edition guns is they aren't any more valuable than non limited edition guns unless you find a collector looking for that particular gun to fill a niche.

That particular one is a 92 EL. There were 2 variants. One is the one you have, the other looks the same but was engraved "National Rifle Association" on the left hand side of the slide. If I recall correctly there were 500 of the NRA marked guns and and 2500 of the non-NRA marked guns made. Both variants came with both the standard blue plastic Beretta box as well as a wooden display box with a glass lid. They pop up from time to time on gunbroker and gunsamerica, but I've only seen one that actually sold, and it went for $562 including both cases.

weagle

Please accept my apologies. I did not intend to insult you or your pistol and I'm hoping your friend's mother gets top dollar for it.

As you have very good photo's I would suggest listing it on gunbroker. It is a very simple process and the absolute best way to get the most money for any gun.

Weagle

Rich Kaminski

I'd say $800.00

and maybe a little bit more. That is the Gold engraved model which originally sold for about $800.00. Therefore it is a special model and not a standard 92s or a ysed and beat up LEO resale.
Put it on gunbroker.com and put a starting price of about $750.00 and see what it sells for.