Wanted to share my LONG turkey story.

Wheels59

I'm a C 5-6 quad, been since 91.
A long story about a gimp in a wheelchair, second Bowtech bow long beard.
Second day of season. What a hunt, son zipped me up in blind at 5:30AM. He put decoy out at 15 yrds, while a bird behind me is gobbling ''mind you this bird is already on ground.'' My son hustles off, I start calling and he's coming on a string! Just as he double then triple gobbling a BANG behind me, my heart sunk. I look out in front where decoy was, its not there, it fell over! Great, now I'm stuck in blind, now what ? With a decoy laying on it side in the grass I get on phone and have my son drive back over to reset decoy, 5 mile drive. Before he leaves I'm wonder should I just go home with him since this bird is dead, well fortunately for me he drove his car, not my van. As I sat for the next hr hearing nothing, I was started wondering should I just call him and bug out ? This is at 9:00am, or should I stay and see if I hear anything. By 9:45 I said the heck with it and called him for pickup, figured he would be there around 10-10:15, but he didn't answer my 10 phone calls. Well as I sat in the blind roasting from being dressed so warm and the sun beating down on the blind, thinking what am I going to do, run through the tent, not with bow on, option 2 call neighbor to wake him up. A few minutes later he texts me and said he's on his way, I was relieved because it was getting really hot in that blind. MEANWHILE, I made few cuts, out of desperation I guess, 80 yrds behind me this guy fires off ! Back to the phone, I told son, don't come now heard a bird and hung up phone. Well he went quite, I cut a few more times and he was 100 yrds away leaving me. At this point I said can't hurt, I just kept cutting, he gobbled and turned around. Then he went quiet an so did I, a few minutes later I look out a little opening in tent on my right, there he his, just stepping out of the woods at 20 ft full strut. Being in a wheelchair I just can't turn and shoot out side window, my chair was pointed to the front window, it be that or nothing. I had to watch him beside the tent for what seemed forever, then he committed, strutted in at 20 yrs and I stuck em. 22.7 pds, 10'' beard 3/4'' spurs. If you bothered reading this whole thing. 2 points, I hunt alone because that's the way I like it, and it seems since I became wheelchair bound in 91, when it comes to hunting, the ''highs'' are a lot HIGHER. A THANKS to my beautiful wife helping me do what I do. LOVE YOU HUN. And my 2 boys and all my friends ! Live it like its your last.......

Attachments

• upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 520

TurkeyManiac

Thats some dedication man. Nice job! I don't have the guts to try one with a bow yet. Maybe in a few years.
Again, HUGE congrats! Beautiful bird

BoKat96

great story !!!

applejuice

Heck yeah, get it done man ! Nice bird

GA DAWG

Congrats man. Great Turkey!

T.P.

Banned
You've done something I've never been able to do:cry:.... How are you shooting the bow? Are you physicaly releasing the string or is it mechanical somehow?

Patience is the key to killing turkeys and I don't have any. Excellent job my friend!!!! And...what about the snow pic?:pop:

Sterlo58

Congrats, awesome story and bird.

DeweyDuck

Wow, Wheels, you are some kind of man!!!! It is a privelege just to read your story! Keep it up.

ccleroy

My friend the dedication you show is unmatched...keep on keeping on brother and congrats!!!

FF-Emt Diver

What an inspiration....

chefrific

Outstanding!!!

nhancedsvt

Banned
Congrats! Awesome job!

Latest posts