Hunting Cabin Rentals

walters

Places

I hunt around hwy 44 and 79 intersection
In Lincoln/ wilkes county, all land down there is one hunt club after another, 3 different
WMA's and u have lake Thurmond and Russell lake, land is real reasonable down there too.
With a campground u don't have to have people go in and clean it Everytime it rents,
We was kinda adding up what the lady was making where we was staying, we come up with about 7000.00 profit in 3 months. And she does nothing, we fixed any problems to keep from having to wait on her:crazy:

across the river

Thanks for all of the input.

It seems like having it on or near a lake or other body of water would raise interest and possible even generate income outside of hunting season.

What is your intent with all of this? Are you just looking at doing this to try make some money?

Possum

Banned
Campground is the way to go. I have one acre of land that borders national forest. I have rented it out to the same tenant for last 9 years for $225 a month and only maintanence I have ever done is cut down one dead tree. He used place as a getaway and for hunting and fishing base camp. He always paid cash and paid on time.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Would be a great idea in the Mississippi Delta area where alot of folks head for duck hunting.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
http://abercrombiesusa.com/restaurant/rental-cabins/

These guys have been near Barbour wma in Alabama for around 10 years. High density deerhunting for 30 miles radius around these cabins. I always figured the place was failing, but from the website maybe theyre doing ok. I would brain-pick someone who is in the business, that wouldn't view me as a competitor as a starting place if it was me. good luck.

GRT24

If your looking for a good spot out of state but still close. I’d look in western Kentucky. Lots of leasing with out housing and good public ground. Land between the lakes, Hopkinsville, Crofton area off Penny Rile. A small elementary school closed down and went for auction and guys I know went to buy it and kinda do the same thing but it went for a little more than they wanted to pay. Great area no motels real close. Christian, Todd, and Muhlenburg counties would be worth looking into.

j_seph

Sure! Put em near wma"s and charge 20 bucks a night per head!
Charge $20 per head for the hunt. Charge $40 to get out by 5 a.m., $60 to get out by 6 a.m. then $100 to get out if the sun is cracking in the sky. Man could get rich on them WMA hunts:D

Back40hunter

It is a good idea,but several good points have been made. Near WMA's would be the ticket, your club hunters tend to have their own accommodations or they build to suit. But your WMA hunts are so limited, so you need this located in an area that has other attractions that folks might want spartan accommodations for. Lakes or streams that get a lot of visits would lengthen your rental season. It could work if you had space to get a trailered boat in and out with power hook-up for charging batteries. Maybe canoe or float trip locations nearby could be beneficial. Lots of possibilities, but you will have to find a broader market base. I've rented a house on a WMA hunt before, but the primary market for that house was horseback riding folks I believe. Good luck with it.