From the Deer Stand, Pike County, Ga. What Is Wrong with this Buck?

lilbassinlady

This Small Buck Is Real Healthy and Eating real good! Something is defently wrong with his JAW!!! Just wondering what happened to its mouth?

Attachments

• 100_0626.jpg
    100_0626.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,391
  • 100_0649.jpg
    100_0649.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,385
  • 100_0647.jpg
    100_0647.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,388

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks like somebody flubbed a head shot on it and got it in the jaw instead.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Nature will take care of the rest.

The mtn man

I think it grew that way, I say that because I've seen a buck with a short lower jaw before. A guy in our hunting party killed a buck in the Maine North woods once that had a lower jaw exactly like that, it was perfectly healthy,

lilbassinlady

I Started to shoot it, But it was doing really good eating and pretty Healthy!! So I Shot it with My Camera! I Take my camera everywhere with me! Love taking pictures of Deer and Wildlife while I'm Hunting or Fishing!! Thanks for the Info!

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
It's most likely a birth defect called brachygnathia, occasionally deer are born with a shortened lower mandible. I usually see pictures of one about once a year somewhere in the state.

lilbassinlady

Pictures were taken in Pike County while I was Hunting a Food plot back in mid November with My Kodak Camera! I Zoomed in real Close!

lilbassinlady

More Pics!

Here's a few More Pics Of the Buck I was Talking about!! He Loved The Food Plot!!

Attachments

• 100_0610.jpg
    100_0610.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 877
  • 100_0653.jpg
    100_0653.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 875

lilbassinlady

Food Plot

Here's a Picture of the Food Plot, where the lil Buck was having a feast and no Problem eating!!

Attachments

• 100_0659.jpg
    100_0659.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 863

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I killed a piebald a years ago that had a short lower jaw. He was fat and healthy. Seemed to have no real effects to it.

The mtn man

Let him grow up, then shoot him, you can have him mounted with some of those bubba teeth, great conversation piece.

Blisterapine

Some idiot was trying a stupid head shot or a stupid neck shot and that's what happens.. Folks like that need to hang up their rifle