Trout fished Burton today.

O-Country

Got on the water around 7 this morning to try some trout fishing.Started off the morning with a couple of spots before the trout got started.I fished until around 12 and managed to boat 4 and missed several more.The boat traffic got heavy so I went and cought some bait for tomorrow and went home.Sorry about the pics. they came out blurry and bright looking except the one on the deck you can see better.1 about 9.5 and 2 about 5.5 and 1 dink.
Daryl

Attachments

• DSCN3023.jpg
    DSCN3023.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 1,464
  • DSCN3024.jpg
    DSCN3024.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,472
  • DSCN3025.jpg
    DSCN3025.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,466

coilee

Great catch I might have to make a run up there after the weekend. I just am not brave enuff to get out this weekend.

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
Great catches.:cheers: Did you ever have any success with that bait ring I sent you Daryl?

O-Country

Brad, I tried that rig several times and have yet to catch any, but that don't mean much cause I have only had limited success on the sabeki rigs.I have to catch most every thing with the cast net.Thanks for the rig and if and when I catch some with it I will let you know.I was going to take to florida this year and try my luck but I forgot it at home.
Daryl

Etter2

Banned
How do you fish for them? Downlines, freelines, just wondering? I'd love to catch a monster brown like that. I fish mostly stripers and hybrids and all my trout fishing now is usually with a fly rod

Squirrel29

Where did you catch your bait in the back of a creek, cove, or main part of the lake (Night or day). Looking to try fishing some live bluebacks. I have a throw net and a bait tank, just need to put some bait in it.

O-Country

Etter2, down line is your best bet for them this time of year.Trolling will catch you some as well.

jgarrowood, sent you a pm.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
3.5 they are brown trout.

Nice fish! Those are monsters. Did they lose a lot of color from when they first came out of the water? They look way to silver colored to be browns and the heads look small for that body size as well as the lack of red spots. Just curious, don't deal with a lot of lake trout so maybe the colors are just way different?? Don't really look like 100% rainbow either...

Either way nice catch and I bet those are gona taste good!!!

Last edited:

Jasper

Great job and beautiful fish!

blink

i had no idea the trout got that big in Burton.
i caught my pb there about a month ago and it was 16.5" but i caught it at near the mouth of wildcat, along with a bunch of other smaller ones, in 3-5 ft of water.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nice fish! Those are monsters. Did they lose a lot of color from when they first came out of the water? They look way to silver colored to be browns and the heads look small for that body size as well as the lack of red spots. Just curious, don't deal with a lot of lake trout so maybe the colors are just way different?? Don't really look like 100% rainbow either...

Their heads are small because they are hens not roosters.

gt40

Unicoidawg

Staff member

Those are rainbow trout for sure.

Martin, JL I have caught and guided many to some nice browns that didn't have a single orange spot on them and looked silver instead of the brown we all think about. Those are browns boys and nice ones at that. Great catch OC.:cheers: