Foul mouthed kids.........

Jasper

Man, things sure have changed since I was a kid. I seldom recall hearing anyone cussing much when I was young and I never heard kids do it in public. If my Dad had heard me cuss or any of my friends for that matter it would have been bad news.

In the last 3 months I've witnessed incidents where teenagers cussed very openly in public with no concern for who was around or if anyone heard them. It appeared to be part of their everyday life and language. I'm talking about what most consider the really hard, bad stuff.

Leaving a high school football game last month a 16 year old or so kid was walking with a group of 6 or 8 kids that included his little brother who was about 9 or 10. This kid was letting all the bad stuff fly for anyone to hear. I was with my wife and 2 sons and finally couldn't stand it anymore. I confronted the kid and told him I'd appreciate him watching his mouth and not talking like that in front of my kids and wife. He didn't back down one bit and started yelling at me about free speech. After I saw where it was going I backed off and bit my tongue. Not worth getting arrested over.

At a Waffle House a few weeks ago I was eating lunch with my 12 year old after a hunting trip. Four clean cut teenagers came in and sat by us. They weren't loud but about every fifth word in their conversation was bad trash. I again bit my tongue and left as soon as I could.

Getting a haircut Monday afternoon there were two 17 year old or so kids sitting in the chairs talking with each other as they got their haircut. The filth out of their mouths for all to hear was unbelievable.

I used to have a talk with people who did this kind of stuff but after being surrounded by some kids who weren't going to back down I promised my wife I'd just keep my mouth shut and go on. My kids have seen me stand up enough in the past that they know without a doubt what's right and wrong. That'll have to be enough.

There sure are some parents out there doing a poor job of raising kids. I know that's always been the case but I've never seen things as bad as they are right now (or maybe I've been living in a bubble for too long). What's this world coming to? What a shame...............:banginghe

pbradley

it is getting worse.

I've noticed lately that even the cable channels that normally bleep out "the seven words you can't say on television", they are not bleeping out GD!

jody7818

Sounds typical nowadays. It's the perfect example of the downfall of family morals in our society. It's sad though. It makes you wonder what's next for teenagers.

jody7818

it is getting worse.

I've noticed lately that even the cable channels that normally bleep out "the seven words you can't say on television", they are not bleeping out GD!

Too much trash on tv. That's one reason I still watch Andy Griffith. It's one of the few that is still safe.

secondseason

Retired Administrator
I was 17 before I ever heard the F word! I went to a public school and still had never heard it.

I was taking my son to school about a month ago, he's in high school and while waiting in the car line to drop him off a teenage girl got out of the car where her mother was driving slammed the door then turned and gave her mother the finger. I was livid my son asked what would you do? I said I would throw the car in park and whip you right there without a single thought of incarceration. I can't stand the poor manners that I see in adults and am totally incensed by poor manners and a total lack of respect exuded by children.

If you notice a lot was lost when the hickory was laid down.

I grew up in a household where there was quick retribution for anything that was considered poor manners or a lack of respect.

Whew!!! That got my blood to boiling for a minute.

Double Barrel BB

Today's society is what happens when fewer and fewer parents are raising their kids according to The Holy Bible, and more trying to be their kids friends instead of being an authoritative figure.

DB BB

MSU bowhunter

Next time you hear that stuff, ask the kids what/who's music they listen to. Go buy the CD and just listen; the lyrics will explain it all.

You don't even have to buy the CD, just look up that artist and read up on the lyrics...I believe the music is where most of it is coming from.

S

SixShooter

you guys watched tv lately........some of the shows on i wouldn't let my kids watch.....it just promotes this kind of behavior

snuffy

It is ashame you cant even go out with your family and not have them exposed to this kind of language.
Just no respect anymore.
If my dad heard me talking like that in front of women and kids he would still get me good, and I am 57.

Daddyboy

I have been amazed at some of the things I'm hearing from cub scouts. I realize I'm one of the few males that are totally involed with this stuff and there are some. Mostly it is the mothers and occasionaly you'll see a dad usually just for the campouts. I don't think it is because there are extremely busy because they seem to be around for ball season. But I've heard a few words from these guys that require I check myself. My wife says I can't have a "hands on approach" with other kids. And the mothers look at you like they are supprised. If the kid will say something in front of others and the parent and they just look supprised, well, I'm not, it shows me they let the kids get away with it. Anyone in our troop knows that I don't put up with it from my kids and I'll usually say something to the others.
At out pack meeting last night one of the bear cubs came in, laid back like reclining in his chair with his scout shirt unbuttoned and wearing a yellow t-shirt under it. It really ticks me off cause he isn't the only one that has bad performance with wearing the uniform, but is flaunting it. I politely and descritely informed him that he was going to either button the shirt and wear it properly or take it off. Took 4ever to button, didn't tuck it in and mom, a good ol girl, never spoke a word. I think I oughta snatch them whellie tennis shoes off his feet to, can't stand them. But that doens't matter since the pack was asked that they not where them to them meetings for safety reasons and the parents don't CARE.
Sorry guys I was getting upset again. Gotta go get me a cold drank and a moon pie.:biggrin3:

The AmBASSaDEER

I aint gonna lie I cussed like a sailor when I was young (6) I picked up the habit from older kids in the neighborhood. But NEVER did I do it in public or around grownups. Still wont do it in public or around kids or people I dont know. Only in private like "Dog.":bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If my dad heard me talking like that in front of women and kids he would still get me good, and I am 57.

Me too. Mine would have inflicted severe blunt trauma on me with the nearest heavy object he could get his hands on.

The problem isn't TV. The problem is parents and other adults who tolerate such behaviour from their children. The children need to be corrected and punished. Their parents need to be horse whipped.

MSU bowhunter

I have been amazed at some of the things I'm hearing from cub scouts. I realize I'm one of the few males that are totally involed with this stuff and there are some. Mostly it is the mothers and occasionaly you'll see a dad usually just for the campouts. I don't think it is because there are extremely busy because they seem to be around for ball season. But I've heard a few words from these guys that require I check myself. My wife says I can't have a "hands on approach" with other kids. And the mothers look at you like they are supprised. If the kid will say something in front of others and the parent and they just look supprised, well, I'm not, it shows me they let the kids get away with it. Anyone in our troop knows that I don't put up with it from my kids and I'll usually say something to the others.
At out pack meeting last night one of the bear cubs came in, laid back like reclining in his chair with his scout shirt unbuttoned and wearing a yellow t-shirt under it. It really ticks me off cause he isn't the only one that has bad performance with wearing the uniform, but is flaunting it. I politely and descritely informed him that he was going to either button the shirt and wear it properly or take it off. Took 4ever to button, didn't tuck it in and mom, a good ol girl, never spoke a word. I think I oughta snatch them whellie tennis shoes off his feet to, can't stand them. But that doens't matter since the pack was asked that they not where them to them meetings for safety reasons and the parents don't CARE.
Sorry guys I was getting upset again. Gotta go get me a cold drank and a moon pie.:biggrin3:

can you kick him out for not listening to an adult/leader?

huntfish

Jasper,
I hear you buddy.......The language being used by our youth is not appropriate. If you see my boys using that language, discipline immediately. I'll do the same with your boys.

Just sad, just sad...

White Stag

Sounds typical nowadays. It's the perfect example of the downfall of family morals in our society. It's sad though. It makes you wonder what's next for teenagers.

I teach middle school and I can tell you 2 things; the apples don't fall far from the tree and it starts earlier than you think. To many parents are trying to be "cool parents" and not enough of:whip: going on. I heard a cheerleader drop the "f" bomb to her mom the other day and the mom just looked at her and drove away!!!:hair: My mom would have slapped my face and then my dad would have taken it from there...

FX Jenkins

Yea I agree, exposure is only 1/3 of the problem (we were all exposed to this in locker rooms or pool halls), another contributing factor is the dumbing down of whats acceptable or tolerated in public i.e. in front of all age groups, finally and prob most importantly it is lack of parental guidance/discipline....I mean, have you been to a mall lately, and seen all the pre teens hanging out with teens, and teens hanging out by themselves with all manner of social influence...I mean, are these kids just fooling their parents, "drop me off at the mall mom, I'll be safe and behave".

One thing is for sure, it is a growing problem...moral degradation of society...

snuffy

Me too. Mine would have inflicted severe blunt trauma on me with the nearest heavy object he could get his hands on.

The problem isn't TV. The problem is parents and other adults who tolerate such behaviour from their children. The children need to be corrected and punished. Their parents need to be horse whipped.

I agree 100%