What is the best Duck Decoy for the money?

BigSam

Just wandering which decoy's everybody thinks is the best buy and what's your input on the new GHG's

fishndinty

hot buy mallards are cheap and actually last pretty well IMO. I have 4 yr old ones that still look good, though I find myself using my Drake decoys without keels for long hikes to the swamp

Larry Young Jr

GHG decoys are a good product. Price is average. That is all I have used the last 7 yrs. Divers, Geese, Puddlers. I used FFD geese. I have over 200 duck decoys And 24 FFD and they all are GHG. Money well spend.
Good Luck
Larry

BigSam

Yeah them GHG look awesome and I have recently orderd some from macks I was just wandering how people thought they held up but everything sounds good so far

Larry Young Jr

Try Gandermountain They have price breaks 3 or doz. and free shipping. That will save you alot of money.

good luck
Larry

meckardt

Try Dakota they are awesome and tuff.

GTN

G & H all the way for mallards. I never had any luck with paint staying on any of the GHG stuff I bought. Some buddies of mine have G & H's that 10 + years old and still look good.

Larry Young Jr

Decoys are like women and Guns. Everyone likes diferent kinds.

Good luck
Larry

BigSam

You hit the nail on the head Mr.Larry and it so happens i like Beretta's,Blonde's, and GHG's:rofl:

Larry Young Jr

I like brown hair and brown eye women.:love: My wife is watching me. :rofl:
Larry

across the river

Personally I think GHG look better, but there is no doubt they are lower quality decoys than the G&H decoys. GHG is made in China, G&H is made in Oklahoma, so I think that explains why. I have hunted over both. If you are on a budget buy the cheaper GHG decoys. If you can afford $100/DOZEN, buy the G&H. I have killed ducks over both, so I don't know that they have a preference.

Nimrod71

Herters Armoried Decoys are the best I have ever used. These are the first with the duck photo finish. You can shot them and they want sink or tilt. I don't know if they still make them. They ride high in the water and look like real ducks on the water. The last I bought were from Cabela's. They are up medium priced but they are worth it. I bought my son in law a dozen and want to give him another dozen for Christmas this year but I can't find them in the Cabela's book.

topdaddy

google areo oudoors check out the full curls decoys.flocked heads and tails.they are pricey but as about real as it gets.

Scott R

Back when I used plastics G&H were all I hunted over. Have some that have 12 or 13 hard seasons on them and paint is still in great shape. If I went back to plastic that's what I would get.

BigSam

google areo oudoors check out the full curls decoys.flocked heads and tails.they are pricey but as about real as it gets.

WOW just looked them up and your right they are bout as real as they get they look awesome

Larry Young Jr

They are a good looking decoys. has anyone use them. are they tough and does the flocking whole up.

Larry