Lowrance HDS 10 Please HELP

scottf24

Well seeing how Lowrance's customer service is...How should I say... Not very good. Maybe one of you can help.
I have a HDS-10 and an HDS-7 linked together with the structure scan. The front (HDS-7) will not read the water temp. It used to work fine until the last HDS-7 failed. Lowrance sent me a new one....and now it don't show the water temp. I tried changing it so that it sees the same as the HDS-10.....but still no temp. Is there possibly a way to turn the temp on or off? I have looked with no luck.

Any ideas??? :banginghe

jsimages

check out bassboat central and go to the lowrance section and theres severals topics on this matter

scottf24

Thanks jsimages, I just saw your post about the new HDS....and the replies. That is good information, maybe I can find my answer there. And good luck with your new unit. I love mine....when it works. Seem to have a lot of issues with it.

Todd Driscoll

Go to Menu, Menu, Network, Data Sources, Sonar. Set your water temp as local (the other selection is global). Then, under water temp make sure your HDS 7 is selected as source for water temp.

russ010

wow, these posts are helping me too! I'm finding more and more functions these units can do that I never knew were on them. Thanks Todd & Bill!

Buzzerbaits

This is great info. I have been having the exact same problem with both of mine! Thanks for starting this Scott. Its really helped me out.

Nothin but Fish

Another couple of informations that might help....if you want to go to your waypoints or trails quickly from any of the HDS units press and hold WPT and when the dialog box appears simply make your selection. When your task is complete simply hit exit until you are back to the screen where you began. If you have a HDS 8 or 10 press and hold exit to get a full screen...then to get back the soft key legend simply press any soft key. Hope this helps!

pbmang

You need to talk to the guy that posted above you. He is probably the best around when it comes to Lowrance HDS systems. I'm pretty sure you can shoot him a PM and he will take you out and show you how everything works together.

Todd Driscoll

You need to talk to the guy that posted above you. He is probably the best around when it comes to Lowrance HDS systems. I'm pretty sure you can shoot him a PM and he will take you out and show you how everything works together.

X2

Bill Carson and I are now "officially" providing unit operation advice, troubleshooting, and CS support here. Locally, no doubt Bill would be the guy for first-hand instruction (I am in TX).

Lanier Jim

What Bill and Todd said...and yep, local Bill is the Lowrance guru...but he can't catch a spot! :)

LJ

Nothin but Fish

Jim you just won't let me count them when caught on a urig or blue back herring....:rofl::cry:::ke:

I do catch plenty though.....

Nothin but Fish

Glad your back in the game Scott! These things are electronic and just like any other electronic device there is usually something simple that is "making it do something you don't want it to" or keeping it from doing something you want it to. Let me know if I can help...tight lines...<")))><

scottf24

Just wanted to say THANKS to Bill Carson! He has really helped me understand and troubleshoot my HDS units. I have spent HOURS trying to search the Lowrance websight and calling.(GOOD LUCK :crazy:)
I talked to Bill and he had me up and running in 5 min.
Thanks again!!