A Memorable Quote

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise."

Aldo Leopold

Wise words from a wise man.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Another one of my favorite quotes from him:

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`m one of those who cannot. :)

Possum

Banned
My favorite leoplold quote goes something like this....
"There are two dangers to not owning a farm, one is to assume food comes from the grocery store, the other is to assume that heat comes from the furnace."

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

35 Whelen

"The best thing about hunting and fishing is that you don’t have to actually do it to enjoy it. You can go to bed every night thinking how much fun you had twenty years ago, and it all comes back as clear as moonlight." Robert Ruark, The Old Man and The Boy.

transfixer

"The best thing about hunting and fishing is that you don’t have to actually do it to enjoy it. You can go to bed every night thinking how much fun you had twenty years ago, and it all comes back as clear as moonlight." Robert Ruark, The Old Man and The Boy.

Thanks for posting that ! For some reason or another I'd never heard of that book, I just ordered one from Amazon, I grew up reading a series of books about a young boy named Jeff White by an author named Lew Dietz, they were all about the boy growing up in the outdoors of Maine, woodsman, trapper, guide, forest fire fighter, etc, I loved those books when I was a kid, the Old Man and the Boy looks like something I will enjoy reading !