new rig!

hipster dufus

picked up my g3 1756 cc jon last saturday. installed carpet and took her out tuesday. 70 hp yamaha hit 35+ after a few hours of breakin. installed tm friday.this baby is wide!! cockpit has vinyl floor. put carpet on decks and hatch because they get too hot in summer. cheap and replaceable. 2 livewells and rod staorage. next is battery charger and down the road ff/gps. cannot wait for good weather! hope these pics load

crankie

Been thinking about getting G3 as my next boat (Sportsman 17). Interested in vinyl instead of the carpet but have read about it being too hot in summer a couple of times. And now you are mentioning it too. Could those who have the vinyl floor (on any boat) share some pros and cons or dos and don'ts?

I fish year round. And I saw pics of the Sportsman with vinyl and it looks great. Would hate to get one and then find out some of the cons (regarding vinyl) later. thx.

buddy48

I have vinyl on my G3 1756 Deluxe SC and I don’t think it gets too hot at all. I can walk around barefoot without issue. My vinyl is a light gray.

hipster dufus

my vinyl is only in the cockpit . the decks are aluminum w a textured surface. tough to kneel on and i know blistering in the sun. thats why i put a cheap carpet down w 2 face tape. cant say if the vinyl will get hot. i hope not.going to check my tm install tomorrow. waiting on charger and the ff/gps will b down the road a bit.im even pondering a bimini top.

russell dobbs

I just got G3 1860 about a month ago and am very pleased with it. Wedowee Marine in Alabama.

Attachments

• 77326C9F-0779-41FC-B774-073AB29414D0.jpeg
    77326C9F-0779-41FC-B774-073AB29414D0.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 717
  • F1130A5C-FCDF-496C-8890-D626D3F7DEB8.jpeg
    F1130A5C-FCDF-496C-8890-D626D3F7DEB8.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 712

JohnK

Lookin' good Dobbs.
I've got a 1756 dlx with the gray vinyl. It stays clean and easy to wash but the stuff can be cut if you're not careful. You can stretch it out and glue it back but it won't look new when you're done. I always wear foot gear so I don't know about the hot feet but I've never noticed it being warm to the touch.
Ya'll might want to check out G3 boat owners on FB if you use it.

Last edited:

hipster dufus

mr dobbs, how does your helm cushion attach? pics if u can. good looking rig

hipster dufus

wondering also about ur upper rod holders on ur console. i do not have those and i believe icould use 4 of em. thanks

russell dobbs

mr dobbs, how does your helm cushion attach? pics if u can. good looking rig

It just screws down. It has the hinge like piano hinge so I can flip up. Could have got a leaning post, didn’t want it stationary. This is low and out of way. I hardly set while I fish and have the seat in front of console. I will get pic in a min for u.

Here’s pic of seat. Going to check, if can, going to have a storage compartment put under seat. Boat has a 16gas tank there so need to make sure I have room first.

Attachments

• 145311AC-92AB-41FF-BEB4-9D4CFFCB2CE1.jpeg
    145311AC-92AB-41FF-BEB4-9D4CFFCB2CE1.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 512
  • 8078C461-C978-4332-9240-F4AE0856906F.jpeg
    8078C461-C978-4332-9240-F4AE0856906F.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:

russell dobbs

wondering also about ur upper rod holders on ur console. i do not have those and i believe icould use 4 of em. thanks

If u r talking about ones on side of console, they can on boat, they just screw on to lock rods in place.Thers three on each side. Should be able to get anywhere, if not, Wedowee marine has them.
I also added 4 rocket launchers on the rail. These have the rail system, which I love so I don’t have to drill holes n boat and can slide rod holder from back of boat to front. Start morning with free lines fthen slid to use as down rods.

And yes, I use a transom saver.
Thanks for positive comment.

Msteele

That’s a nice rig RD! I never seen one that nice when I was looking at G3’s. They have come along ways since then though.

corey85

Nice boat! I have an 1860 dlx that has grey vinyl all over. So far I like the vinyl and it doesn't seem to get too hot during the summer. My two kids 6&3 walked all over it without shoes last summer.