Pine Log WMA Hog hunt Jan 13-15

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Uncle T said:
I saw zero hogs on the kill sheet at the check station.

Me and the boys almost got stuck in the Jeep but thank the Lord we made it out.
should have drove that old workhorse .

HMwolfpup

Uncle T said:
I saw zero hogs on the kill sheet at the check station.

Me and the boys almost got stuck in the Jeep but thank the Lord we made it out.

UnlceT what ever you do, don't follow ricky (from ESC), I think he was trying to get us stuck too Sunday. His 4wd isn't working, but he went up an old logging road with me right behind (my 4wd works fine). After several mud holes that I watched him slide through (I had no problems) he gets to one that he decided he wasn't going to try to go through. He had no problem turning his Jeep around. I had to do a 357 point turn to get my Tundra turned around and did a number on the paint too.

FVR

Proof

Proof that Pine Log does have piggys. This is a 60 pounder (pocket hog) I took two years back. I passed on the 6 bigger ones as I am lazy and did not want to pack out a big pig.

Went back the next day for deer and ran into them again.

They're there. Jared shot that MONSTER and I know that Danny L. has shot his share.

I'll be out again this weekend with the bow.

Mvc-001s.jpg

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
I always use my 45 muzzy loader to hunt hogs during small game season.. Up here on
Cohutta-wma there are always squirrels..
and some big hogs if you get lucky.
I got a 2.5X7X32 scope on the 45,, and can bust a squirrel or hog..

Jared

I will try to get pictures on Thursday, maybe today if my wife will send them to me. That 300 lb boar was a good hog for sure. I still remember clearly it jumping up with two others in front of it, just as big or bigger and following them until the only shot I had was this one at the tail of the group. 6 hours later, I made it back to the truck with the help of a friend. We drove around a gate and all that just to get that monster out. What a day and evening that was. Pictures ot come shortly.

Jared

Pictures of My Pine Log Hog

Oky, here are the pictures of the Boar Hog I shot several years ago on Pine Log during a December Deer hunt.

4" Tusk, 260lb field dressed and a wopper of a Hog.

Enjoy!

Jared

Attachments

• BoarTusk.jpg
    BoarTusk.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 246
  • JL&Boar.jpg
    JL&Boar.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 260 lb Boar.jpg
    260 lb Boar.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 145

SmokyMtnSmoke

Dang! Nice Piggy! Now that is a HOG! How far do we need to hike/walk to get to theit layer? What did you shoot that pig with?

rayjay

That's like that story about the guy that shot the 450 lb black bear at Oaky Woods. Took something like 12 or 18 hrs to get him off the mountain.

rj

Jared

I shot the Boar with my .270. It was 2001 when I shot him. It was a good mile, mile and half maybe from truck to location of pig. It was some nasty cutover, so being by myself. I would cut a trail with my Felco's about 25 yards, drop off my backpack and gun, drag the hog to the gun and backpack, cut a new trail, drop off the pack and gun again and go back and drag the hog. That is what took so long as was getting over logs and under logs. I had to take breaks and I ran out of water about 3 hours into it. I was a mess after that. Now that was some fun , Yeah!