Etowah river & E Cherokee Dr

Cmllr75

I've been looking for a place in cherokee county that I could put my small boat into the etowah river. I went by this place where E Cherokee Dr crosses it today to check it out and it looks like there is a parking area there. I was just wondering if anybody has ever used this area to launch a boat and is it legal/safe to park a vehicle there. Also, I have a coleman crawdad with a 45lb trolling motor, so I was wondering if I would have any problem floating downriver from there and if I would have any problem getting back to where I put in at. The water seemed to be moving pretty good today but it's probably just from all the rain from Sunday night /Monday morning. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Chad

If you are talking about gober beach by the gold kist plant there is a gate that is sometimes locked I don't think you are suppose to be there

Cmllr75

I saw there was a gate there but it was open today. I don't know if it's gober beach or not. It was a spot in the woods on the northwest side of the bridge.

Coenen

Passed by this place dozens of times on my way to paintball, always wondered about it as a spot for maybe doing some wading in the summer time. Very interested to see if some of our members have some input!

bird35

Always go upriver from the launch. I do this in my 25hp boat or kayak. The only time I broke this rule I had to troll 4 hours against current while paddling. No fun.

BuckinFish

Im not sure about that spot, but i live on the river off 369 and have been waiting for 2 years now for it to stop flowing so fast so I could fish it. Moved in labor day 2 years ago and you could almost walk across it from the drought.

Coenen

Im not sure about that spot, but i live on the river off 369 and have been waiting for 2 years now for it to stop flowing so fast so I could fish it. Moved in labor day 2 years ago and you could almost walk across it from the drought.
Hit Yellow Creek up around Poole's Mill covered bridge, there are fish to be caught there. Try a tube of crickets for bluegills, or pitch rapalas for bass.

A little wet wading in that area is a good way to beat the summer heat.

WOODSWIZE

We used to put in there back in the 80's and float fish to town. All day float to the ballfields. Have fun.