Durhamtown advice please

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I'm planning a bday trip with my son his friend and his friends dad. That's what my son wants. We will be renting a side by side rxr. And camping there. I've never been and don't want to screw this up for him. Does anyone have any advice or warnings at all? Is there full hookups for campers? Like I said never been there and just looking for some guidance

Thanks!

GoldDot40

It's fairly all inclusive to accommodate most everybody. They will go over the rules with you. Follow them and you'll be fine. Just respect everybody else out there.

whitetailfreak

They have a great website that shows videos of their tracks, cabin pics and etc.

https://www.durhamtown.com

I didn't realize they allowed hunting there, too.

I use to hunt Durhamtown a good bit, but got tired of listening to motorcycles. Killed this one 13 years ago or so. Back then, they had a deal with 2 nights lodging, 2 days huntin, and meals included for $299.

Attachments

• kris and deer 1 (2)(1).jpg
    kris and deer 1 (2)(1).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 428

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I'm planning a bday trip with my son his friend and his friends dad. That's what my son wants. We will be renting a side by side rxr. And camping there. I've never been and don't want to screw this up for him. Does anyone have any advice or warnings at all? Is there full hookups for campers? Like I said never been there and just looking for some guidance

Thanks!

I suppose you already checked on the rental fee for those 4 seaters. Also be prepared for them to charge you a refundable damage deposit of $2000 or more above the rental.
They have full hookup camp sites. They also have shacks or mobile homes for rent. The days are kinda short on rental so be there when they open for the full days ride value.

Go across the road from the lodge for the better and wider trails. Many miles of mud slinging.

My family and I have ridden many times with our own equipment. Have fun

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I forgot to mention wear old clothing. Also if your camper is clean and neat you may want to consider renting theirs. Red mud is the rule of the day. Hope y’all have a blast!!!

Last edited:

work2play2

Thanks milkman. Gave me some things to think about. Yes I have looked at rental fees. And Mexican squeler not sure how riding utv sounds like a disaster but that's what I was going for. Thanks again milkman.

Artfuldodger

I suppose you already checked on the rental fee for those 4 seaters. Also be prepared for them to charge you a refundable damage deposit of $2000 or more above the rental.
They have full hookup camp sites. They also have shacks or mobile homes for rent. The days are kinda short on rental so be there when they open for the full days ride value.

Go across the road from the lodge for the better and wider trails. Many miles of mud slinging.

My family and I have ridden many times with our own equipment. Have fun

Is the damage deposit different according to what you are renting? It's a shame they don't offer damage insurance in lieu of a deposit.

I rented a condo once and bought $50.00 damage insurance instead of a $500.00 security deposit. I mean we could have actually damaged the condo.
Given the $50.00 isn't refundable but one could actually damage the man's condo or ATV.

Dub

Thanks milkman. Gave me some things to think about. Yes I have looked at rental fees. And Mexican squeler not sure how riding utv sounds like a disaster but that's what I was going for. Thanks again milkman.

It does sound like a fun time. :cool:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is the damage deposit different according to what you are renting? It's a shame they don't offer damage insurance in lieu of a deposit.

I rented a condo once and bought $50.00 damage insurance instead of a $500.00 security deposit. I mean we could have actually damaged the condo.
Given the $50.00 isn't refundable but one could actually damage the man's condo or ATV.

I don’t rent. We take our own equipment. The deposit is based on value. Those razors like the op mentioned are bid bucks

Artfuldodger

I don’t rent. We take our own equipment. The deposit is based on value. Those razors like the op mentioned are bid bucks

Yeah I saw an ATV park in Fairmount that rents Honda Recons at a rate of $150 per day, plus $14 insurance.
So I guess if one did offer insurance instead of a deposit it would be around $175.00 a day for a razor.
That option would be nice though.

work2play2

Milkman, or anyone else can answer this. My camper is brand new. I want to use it and don't mind washing afterwards. If I take it is it going to completely ruin it? Would you vote against taking it?

Artfuldodger

I looked at all of the photos on the link. Man some of those people got pretty muddy. I'm assuming they have a shower. I hope it's not as crowded all the time as in those photos.

My niece goes to Fat Daddys ATV park above Waycross. They have showers and atv washing stations. That place is mostly sand instead of red clay mud.

Hey, what about one of these to take to an ATV park?

https://augusta.craigslist.org/snw/d/2011-argo-750-hdi-8x8/6478420214.html

Last edited:

PappyHoel

Milkman, or anyone else can answer this. My camper is brand new. I want to use it and don't mind washing afterwards. If I take it is it going to completely ruin it? Would you vote against taking it?

I've never been but my neighbor and his family have a spot down there. I saw him bring a brand new 650 Polaris down there and return the following weekend. The ATv looked like it was 10 years old. They get mud on everything but they have a blast.

Jim Boyd

Durhamtown is the bomb.

Have ridden there since 2005 or so.

Dirt bikes and not ATV / SXS but they have something for everyone!

Best of news, also, is that I have never gone to the hospital from there.

I am bikeless right now but could always take the Rancher or the Pioneer.

Mud riding - the only way I would bury a fine machine would be if it belonged to a someone else. Good advice from an OLD mechanic.

I have buried and even mostly submerged dirt bikes before - but that was only in the heat of a hare scramble.

My Rancher is 10 years old and has never been in mud or water even as tall as the tires (and it has almost 4000 miles on it).

Have fun - taking your camper is fine.