She's headed to......

SELFBOW

It was a hard decision to make, so many wanted her and w four already completed

photo IMG_20150613_171959812_zpswaw1u8vh.jpg

I decided I wanted a fellow I know that makes some beautiful snake bows to have the chance if he wanted it.

It didn't take any convincing him, he jumped at the chance to build #5 in this group as he's seen the others.

So today she is off to

photo _20150630_171839_zps2r7guckp.jpg

Tennessee to Twin Oaks and one of Pappy's protege Will Harrison is gonna make her. I'm honored to have him build it as much as he feels honored to be asked. He has free reign on it w one exception the Skins are gonna be Cottonmouth. If you've never seen Will's work well here is one of them
 photo _20150617_073800_zpszpcdvj9x.jpg

And on another note I got these in the mail last week from Indiana. One of them may have 2-3 splits to be made by Hatchet Dan so we might have a similar scenario again.
 photo IMG_20150623_190142969_zpsgknrfike.jpg

Did I ever mention how much I like Osage?

Barry Duggan

Ought to be looking good when she comes back home.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Nice

Tailfeather

Excellent. That is a killer bow he's holding in that pic. Wow.

dpoole

Cant wait

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I have never seen or heard of a cottonmouth with color.

Here`s an example. Actually thought it was a canebrake rattler at first glance. This picture doesn`t do justice to the colors this cottonmouth had. Most darken and mute with age but once in a while I`ll see an adult with bright colors.

Attachments

• color cotton.jpg
    color cotton.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 227

SELFBOW

Here`s an example. Actually thought it was a canebrake rattler at first glance. This picture doesn`t do justice to the colors this cottonmouth had. Most darken and mute with age but once in a while I`ll see an adult with bright colors.

Nick if ya come across a good one sure would like to have it.

Let's go stump shooting one afternoon where we hAd our southern zone hunt- you'll find what you are looking for in the first hour.

Ye I've got Jonathan on the lookout and others. Let's go in August and look around.:huh:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nick if ya come across a good one sure would like to have it.

Ye I've got Jonathan on the lookout and others. Let's go in August and look around.:huh:

Will do.

boissage

How do you tan the snake skins? I've been offered a couple of rattlesnake skins but wasn't sure what to do to keep them from rotting.

dpoole

Martin i know where there is a beaver pond full of em come over and just wade around amoungst them and take your pick

SELFBOW

Martin i know where there is a beaver pond full of em come over and just wade around amoungst them and take your pick

Ok will be there next weekend. Keep em fed for me til then.:biggrin2:

Is that the one off the highway?