Crazy Hoof

rbsharp

Pick up last year buck today ,haven't got him on the wall yet,he was a old warrior, this was one Crazy looking Brooks county deer ,bet he put a whopping on a lot of bucks with those spears on his head,had 2 kickers of the back of the horns to make him a 10 point ,you can see why we called him Crazy Hoof ,Tinks blowing into his bedding area during the rut was just to much for him, he walk up to my stand and was smelling the ladder had to wait for him to walk off from me before I could shoot ,didn't know I could hold my breath that long.

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 913

Dinosaur

Was that hoof on his right side? I have killed several injured bucks, and seems every one had opposite side horn deformities.

rbsharp

It was his right front hoof ,never thought bout ,his leg and antler might be related ,there are more weird deer around ,I had that double down tine buck ,that young man killed on my camera that was featured on GON the last two years,never was lucky enough to see him hunting

Dinosaur

It was his right front hoof ,never thought bout ,his leg and antler might be related ,there are more weird deer around ,I had that double down tine buck ,that young man killed on my camera that was featured on GON the last two years,never was lucky enough to see him hunting

I killed a good buck last season that had been hit by a car on his right side, had hip damage and a broken leg at one time. All was healed and he was fine, except his opposite side antler was deformed. I guess all the nutrients go to the injury, and not the antler on the opposite side for some reason. Amazing how tough deer are. Congrats on a great buck!