Who's going hunting in the snow ?

BowanaLee

Ain't got much work but it don't look like I'll be hanging gutters tomorrow anyways. Guess I'll be hunting these city deer. I hate a cold rain so if it stays frozen, I'm going.
May not need my trail dog. Hopefully I'll turn the snow red ! :fine: I hunted water oaks this afternoon, had a 6 point walk right under me and a UFO came by at climb down time.
They were moving in preparation for the weather. We've got about 2 in so far ? I'm on the Henry/Dekalb line. How about y'all ???? :huh:

Last edited:

99Roadking

Seriously considering going tomorrow. I'm in Forsyth County. We have about 2 inches as well. It started snowing here around 10:30

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I would love to go, Is that an invite? ::ke:

BowanaLee

Its a little over 2" now. Getting up to the rim on my sons car. Cant wait to turn it red. ::;

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 695

XJfire75

Good luck Lee! I hunted this weekend before the blizzard with nothing to show for it...get plenty of pics of the red snow!

Booner Killa

You got any snow camo Lee? I don't and would stick out like a sore thumb! The deer would be giggling at me as they passed by me at 40 yds!:rofl:

Big Foot

If I can get over to my area, yes. Most likely after all the roads have cleared...a dead deer and no way to get to the Processor wouldn't be good (which is even further North).

The snow will be around a few days...we got time.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I would, but considering I have a 2hr drive south to Talbot to get to my land, don't think I would make it.:(

lungbuster123

If it's still here tomorrow I plan on going! ::;

Calm winds tomorrow also we havent had any of those in about a week or two.

lungbuster123

Headed in the AM aint much ice/snow left, but ill still be out there maybe they will get up to feed alittle later in the morning.

BowanaLee

Streets were bad here. I wimped out and stayed by the heater. :bounce:
Looks like its going to be here for several days. The woods ain't melting, even the streets are refreezing. :hair: I ain't missed it ! :cool:
The snows got anything eatable on the ground covered up. I'm betting on privet hedge to fill a tag. What you guys think ?

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 492
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:

1Gabowhunter

I'm going in the morning for sure. We still have a lot of snow on the ground and I'm hoping to make a pretty blood trail.

moondogg

Is anyone seeing any movement at all. I hunt close to home and went shooting yesterday around the land i hunt and never seen the first track. And i know deer visit this land more often than not. I didnt even see a rabbit or squrial just birds.