whats the best 9mm for the money?

Lowjack

Keltec P11 -around $279
I put 600 rounds through mine never jammed once.

JT84

im looking for a 9mm.. so im trying to get an idea of what everyone say..

how is the Keltec P11 on cleaning.. is it a pain to clean or easy
the same with the ruger?

Dub

Okay....this is posted on the handgun hunting forum.

Call me a genius, but I'm gonna take a wild guess that you are inquiring about a 9mm to hunt with.

Which is best?

None of them.

Way, way better rounds out there for woods cary.

Even for ccw in the woods, I step it up a bit. Big hogs and the rare black bear......possible gator.......and now, thanks to our paronoid buddies in Alabama....The Bigfoot.

My woods carry ccw begins with .4 and ends with Magnum. Take your pick.

JT84

never mind i just looked up the keltec its way to small.. being 6 foot and 200#'s i need a biger gun i shot my buddies 9mm high point and his moms taurus like them both but cleaning the highpoint was a pita.. but the taurus was easy and not a big deal..

Dub

Do yourself a huge favor.

Sidestep the HighPoint like the plague. You already figured out one of the downsides.

Look past the Taurus just a bit.....Look at the CZ-USA 75, Glock G17 or the S&W M&P 9mm.

Of course, your a big enough fella to not have to shoot his buddy's momma's gun, right?.....

Just funnin' ya. I kid about many things.....but never about serious stuff like guns. Buy quality and hang on to it.

9mm sure does make a lot of sense for economical range guns and smallish carry weapons. Fully grown fella like you can handle a bit more umph if you want. Something that will put a mad critter down.

Go with quality.

You are doing the right thing by doing your homework first.:cheers:

BTW, nothing wrong with the Taurus...just look past the glossy advertisements and try a couple of tried and true platforms. Taurus is quick to atempt to convince folks that the new flavor of the week is what you must have.

the r.o.c.

go with a fourty...all the major makers make good stuff. you need to decide how much you want to spend. i have a .40 taurus pt140, its small, can carry it in your pocket. but it packs a punch. its fun to shoot, and ive never had a jam or miss.

JT84

yeah i have a buddy that has a taurus 24/7 pro 45. i think it may be a 40.. im not sure.. i have never owned a handgun other then a 380 back before i was of age..

JT84

Okay....this is posted on the handgun hunting forum.

Call me a genius, but I'm gonna take a wild guess that you are inquiring about a 9mm to hunt with.

Which is best?

None of them.

Way, way better rounds out there for woods cary.

Even for ccw in the woods, I step it up a bit. Big hogs and the rare black bear......possible gator.......and now, thanks to our paronoid buddies in Alabama....The Bigfoot.

My woods carry ccw begins with .4 and ends with Magnum. Take your pick.

no man not for hunting.. sorry got a lil trigger happy and seen handgun and post in here lol.. sorry

2011GADawg

best for the money in my opinion would be a Ruger p95 if you keep an eye out you can find them on sale new for any where between 225 and 300, they shoot straight and they are very easy to take apart for cleaning, and i have never had one jam on me

Dub

no man not for hunting.. sorry got a lil trigger happy and seen handgun and post in here lol.. sorry

Cool.

Lots of good choices out there.

Sure does help the wallet when you want to bust off a few hundred rounds........when you are shooting 9mm.

Makes me re-evaluate my favorite rounds and wonder why I love 'em. :confused:

the r.o.c.

look at the for sale stuff here, go to the bottom of the lists and hit the sale forum got lot of guns. ive bought 2 a 20 ga and a .40

kingdawg

best for the money in my opinion would be a Ruger p95 if you keep an eye out you can find them on sale new for any where between 225 and 300, they shoot straight and they are very easy to take apart for cleaning, and i have never had one jam on me

Roger on the P95, bought one about a month ago, have fired over a 100 rds thru it so far.... nice little piece

Buck Nasty

S&W M&P 9...comes with 3 grip sizes and has a great feel. The only negative about it is it doesnt breakdown as easy as the Glock. IMO

butshot

yeah i have a buddy that has a taurus 24/7 pro 45. i think it may be a 40.. im not sure.. i have never owned a handgun other then a 380 back before i was of age..

I think a pro 45 would be a .45acp, at least the one I had was!