Walker co. Deer thread 2012-13

Inthegarge

Great day.....Now I'm really pumped

Got this picture off my mountain lease camera today...Then on the way home I had a spotted fawn cross the road in front of me as I headed off the mountain. No sign of mom..
Don's Aug Bucks.jpg

superman1275

got some gooduns growing across the county line, went to pigeon and found a lot of good sign last weekend, cant get here fast enough! check out chattooga co. hunting reports, i posted some pics of a few i got growing

jmcrae1

Got some nice ones superman I went to pigeon wednesday and there were acorns everywhere! I saw a lil buck and some turkeys up top

superman1275

yeah i found a lot of muscadines and acorns and trails that were wore slap out
Got some nice ones superman I went to pigeon wednesday and there were acorns everywhere! I saw a lil buck and some turkeys up top

superman1275

we have found some good bear sign on pigeon the last 2 years, my uncle walked up on one with his bow. im suprised one hasnt been killed yet. anybody else seeing any bear sign? or seen any bears?

Inthegarge

How high in the tree do you have that cam?

It's about 12' up in the tree....only way I have found to keep them from getting stolen.....10-4 on the planting. Just put out 1 1/2 tons of lime on 2 foodplots......Seed and fertilizer going out Monday pm......Come on rain !!!!!

Anyone know how I would add Sulfur ?? Soil test says I need 10 lbs per acre....

Inthegarge

we have found some good bear sign on pigeon the last 2 years, my uncle walked up on one with his bow. im suprised one hasnt been killed yet. anybody else seeing any bear sign? or seen any bears?

Had some pictures of one by the landfill last year....no sign or sightings between there and Pigeon....Don't hunt Pigeon much but know a lot of people who do and no reports of sign or sightings....

mtstephens18

i found two sets of bear tracks a couple of years ago, very distinct tracks in mud, i normally scout all through the summer up there but havent had a chance this year

RustyJeep

It's about 12' up in the tree....only way I have found to keep them from getting stolen.....10-4 on the planting. Just put out 1 1/2 tons of lime on 2 foodplots......Seed and fertilizer going out Monday pm......Come on rain !!!!!

Anyone know how I would add Sulfur ?? Soil test says I need 10 lbs per acre....

I would call Norm Edwards about the sulfur. (706) 638-2548

RustyJeep

LaFayette Wild Game Processing in Walker County is a processor for the Sportsman's Pantry this year. If you want to donate venison to help feed the hungry, you can drop your deer off at their freezer. you can learn more about the Sportsman's Pantry by clicking the link below.
http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=3163

Attachments

• sportsmanspantry2012.jpg
    sportsmanspantry2012.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,202

huntfishwork

^^^^^thanks. I've been wondering if there was a place to donate in our area. I will be going to south ga when it cools off some to help some family out. The deer are so bad on their farm they have a permit to kill all year.

superman1275

anybody gonna be hunting pigeon this weekend? we always have a big camp of about 30 men beside the lake down in the hole. If anybody wants to stop by to grab a bite and fellowship feel free to join us. all good ol christian folks, feel free to stop in. ask for Jesse.

RustyJeep

I might be up there Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning with y'all. I have to hunt the farm opening morning though due to tradition.

anybody gonna be hunting pigeon this weekend? we always have a big camp of about 30 men beside the lake down in the hole. If anybody wants to stop by to grab a bite and fellowship feel free to join us. all good ol christian folks, feel free to stop in. ask for Jesse.

jmcrae1

Looks like rain for sat but I am ready anyways. I will be hunting behind the house. Good luck everyone I hope we all get some good ones!

superman1275

well feel free to join us! if anybody wants to camp with us just c'mon!