Surprised

tonyrittenhouse

A realtive of mine has been telling me all year that we needed to stay home and hunt instead of going off hunting. They would tell me they had been seeing deer in the yard. I would look around in the yard and not see any tracks. I grew up my entire life at this place and would run the woods when I was a kid. I never saw any deer or any sign of a deer. Then right after deer season closed my dad was going out their driveway and he had a big 8 point run out in front of him. Then a couple of days later he saw a bigger 8 point. Well, last week I decided to take a walk on their property and found a large rub and a fresh scrape. So, I scattered about 5 pounds of corn and put two trail cams up. Boy, was I surprised I got 4 different bucks and 3 doe in just 5 days. I did not get any pic's of any big bucks yet but my they swear there are two really big eights there somewhere. I guess I found a new place to hunt 100 yards from the back door.

Attachments

• 691.jpg
    691.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,035
  • 692.jpg
    692.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,802
  • 693.jpg
    693.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 694.jpg
    694.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,817
  • 695.jpg
    695.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,778
  • 696.jpg
    696.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,780
  • 698.jpg
    698.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 2,234
  • 697.jpg
    697.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 1,799

95g atl

x2. I see more deer AND have bigger deer on my small tract here in the burbs, than my hunting lease.
But something about the lease property and people that makes me go back ;)

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Tony,

You have some great photos for sure.

You have now spoiled yourself entirely since you have introduced the trail cameras onto your homestead property. It is obvious that you do have some fine deer all around you and they have been there for probably several years as well.

I was spoiled back about 6 years ago when I started back deer hunting after not hunting for 10 years during my late wife's illness. I still had all of my guns etc but it took 4 years after she died before I actually wanted to hunt again. Loosing the desire of wanting to hunt during that period of time was hard to admit since I had previously hunted all types of wild game since I was just a kid. This is when I first began to use trail cameras and it opened up a whole different world for me. I was amazed the very first time that I pulled the cards from my cameras on my property. There were deer everywhere it seemed and several really nice bucks frequently traveled all over it. There were also some wild hogs back then as well along with coyotes, raccoons, possums, squirrels, rabbits, turkeys, doves, hawks, owls, ducks, armadillos, and a fox or two during this period of time.

I try my best to check my cameras each week when I can and I currently have 33 cameras in the woods and I actually own a total of 52 WGI cameras now. I know that I am totally crazy for spending so much money this way BUT I enjoy doing it and it has become an expensive hobby for me. I try to offset that by not playing very much golf anymore. I really enjoy watching the wildlife on my cameras more than I do actually deer hunting. I try my best to pick out a decent buck that I have actually watched over the past few years and and if I have the right opportunity to harvest him, I will, but if I don't, that is alright too.

I hope that you will continue to enjoy your newfound capabilities with trail cameras as it does make you want to spend even more time in the woods observing all of nature's creatures.

Please keep posting photos of various wildlife that are on your property as it is relaxing to see them in their natural environment.

tonyrittenhouse

Yea, I got addicted to trail cams about 4 or 5 years ago. I used them on my lease. But, unfortunately it got sold this year. I just never put them out were I live because I will be honest. There was just not any deer there a couple of years ago. I don't know were they have came from but I'm going to do my best to keep them in the area. Here are a couple of pic's from the lease that I lost. I'm going to miss hunting that property. I hope you enjoy looking at a few of the pic's I saved.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,522
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,533
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1,519
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,508
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,509
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 1,520
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,506
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,506
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,487
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,495
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,477
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,493
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,499
  • PICT0422.jpg
    PICT0422.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,463
  • PICT0280.jpg
    PICT0280.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 2500.jpg
    2500.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,477
  • 2502.jpg
    2502.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,469
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,466
  • PICT1696.jpg
    PICT1696.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,463
  • PICT1697.jpg
    PICT1697.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,468
  • PICT1698.jpg
    PICT1698.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,439

Wanderlust

Nice pics. Sorry you lost your lease,some nice deer there. I was feeding deer in my backyard but it drove my beagles crazy. Had enough of the barking at all hours of the night.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Tony,

You have some great photos for sure.

You have now spoiled yourself entirely since you have introduced the trail cameras onto your homestead property. It is obvious that you do have some fine deer all around you and they have been there for probably several years as well.

I was spoiled back about 6 years ago when I started back deer hunting after not hunting for 10 years during my late wife's illness. I still had all of my guns etc but it took 4 years after she died before I actually wanted to hunt again. Loosing the desire of wanting to hunt during that period of time was hard to admit since I had previously hunted all types of wild game since I was just a kid. This is when I first began to use trail cameras and it opened up a whole different world for me. I was amazed the very first time that I pulled the cards from my cameras on my property. There were deer everywhere it seemed and several really nice bucks frequently traveled all over it. There were also some wild hogs back then as well along with coyotes, raccoons, possums, squirrels, rabbits, turkeys, doves, hawks, owls, ducks, armadillos, and a fox or two during this period of time.

I try my best to check my cameras each week when I can and I currently have 33 cameras in the woods and I actually own a total of 52 WGI cameras now. I know that I am totally crazy for spending so much money this way BUT I enjoy doing it and it has become an expensive hobby for me. I try to offset that by not playing very much golf anymore. I really enjoy watching the wildlife on my cameras more than I do actually deer hunting. I try my best to pick out a decent buck that I have actually watched over the past few years and and if I have the right opportunity to harvest him, I will, but if I don't, that is alright too.

I hope that you will continue to enjoy your newfound capabilities with trail cameras as it does make you want to spend even more time in the woods observing all of nature's creatures.

Please keep posting photos of various wildlife that are on your property as it is relaxing to see them in their natural environment.

That is a bunch of Cameras and I cannot think of anything better for you to do with your time! I could easily feel your pain and your joy within your short story. I have one camera that I "Used to" put in the back yard over corn..............I had lots of Deer even though most were small, I have a photo with 5 bucks in the same shot:cool: I know how much joy that gave me as well as many other photos of Deer. We watched a couple fawns grow up in the next door neighbors yard. the yard was NEVER Mowed and was fenced in-Genius! We watched them their first two years growing up with momma via my 1 trail cam. I would love to see many more of your photos as I am sure you have some gems!

Sounds like you could do a great story book with actual research and thousands of photos chronicling events......

I think what you are doing is AWESOME!:cool:

Nice pics. Sorry you lost your lease,some nice deer there. I was feeding deer in my backyard but it drove my beagles crazy. Had enough of the barking at all hours of the night.

Notice I said I "used to" have a TC in my backyard...........new neighbors and a dog chased them all away. I started getting more photos of the mangy dog than deer so once the batteries died, I never replaced:mad: