Saw Monumental

Israel

BANNED
Israel,

Have you seen the Movie?

I haven't. Sorry to have stepped rather heavily into something about which I really know nothing.

I followed a trail in my mind about the "good old days" that obviously was of my own fabrication.

I deleted that previous post...I see it really doesn't belong in a discussion about a movie I haven't seen.

Madman

I haven't. Sorry to have stepped rather heavily into something about which I really know nothing.

I followed a trail in my mind about the "good old days" that obviously was of my own fabrication.

I deleted that previous post...I see it really doesn't belong in a discussion about a movie I haven't seen.

I didn't intend for my question to sound aggressive. It is a documentary about the “Fathers Monument” and how the Pilgrims came to land in the “New World” and what their thinking behind it was. I believe it to be of value from a historical perspective.

I will admit I wax and wane on my feelings about the revolutionary period, but I always come back to the fact that God can take anything, even if it is bad, and sanctify it for His use.

As for the "Good ole days" I lived through them and they were not that good.

Slewfoot

Going to See it

My wife and I have heard good things about this movie from those we trust...we will support it.:flag:

Slewfoot

Saw

We finally bought the DVD and watched it. I thought it was great.

Artfuldodger

I was 9 yrs old when our church congregation had to watch "A Thief in the Night" for Sunday service. For a young person, it was nothing less than abuse.

I've never heard of this movie. What about the other rapture movie from the Albany Church, Left Behind?
Is it because you don't believe in the rapture or the way it is presented in the old movie? Even at nine it just didn't seem right?

Kirk Cameron's sticking up for Todd "legitimate rape" Akin now. Great guy.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I've never heard of this movie. What about the other rapture movie from the Albany Church, Left Behind?
Is it because you don't believe in the rapture or the way it is presented in the old movie? Even at nine it just didn't seem right?

I know you were asking Gem, and not me. But it is a 70's flick, not by that Albany church. And about as horrible a movie as one could imagine. Awful in every aspect. Hippies with tamborines singing songs about the end times. Evengelists that look and sound a lot like the preached in "There Will be Blood." Bad effects. Stupid dialog.

Just........bad.

StriperAddict

... I always come back to the fact that God can take anything, even if it is bad, and sanctify it for His use.
Amen.
Which is why Rom 8:28 is a "life" verse for many. ;)

mossyback8874

The Albany Church had absolutely nothing to do with the Left Behind movies