A Pretty Good Return

olcaptain

A Pretty Good Return

I knew I needed bait so while I was at Kroger yesterday I bought a half pound of shrimp. It was $5.99 lb with my Kroger card so basically, I had three bucks invested in today’s fishing trip.

fDtSGb6.jpg

I ran a few errands with Ramona this AM but by noon it was warming up outside and Max and I were ready to go!

jkFYa33.jpg

z7OESad.jpg

We located a deep spot out on our part of the lake the other day and my plan was to paddle out there, anchor, and hopefully catch a Catfish or two.

3GFkEU6.jpg

YdYqVjp.jpg

Daylight is a factor this time of year and the fact that it takes me about 40 minutes to paddle one way to our spot we had to get going! We anchored in about 25 -30 feet of water and I put out three Rods. I was going to read some from 2 Samuel during the down time but before I could say Mephibosheth I had my first fish!!

y9ca1k5.jpg

We fished until about 3:45 and began our journey home. First time ever fishing this spot and I brought home seven cats for the freezer! You will note in the photos that I have displayed a small Blue Cat with a small Channel Cat for your viewing pleasure. Max and I also had the opportunity to see a vintage Chris Craft boat rumble by us slowly in our no wake zone.

lnbc3wV.jpg

uymDcti.jpg

Bottom line is that I got some exercise and fresh air. We caught a few fish and once again we were able to enjoy God’s Great Outdoors.

w6LX2nS.jpg

x6Rw03Y.jpg

LRtbH0s.jpg

Where I come from that is a pretty good return on a $3 investment!

ryork

Awesome post as always!! Max and I have similar culinary habits while on the water........

olcaptain

Thanks guys! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

61BelAir

Great trip. I do love some catfish, but still ain't sure about using shrimp for bait. I see and believe that they work great.....I just think I'd rather eat the shrimp. LOL

Shawn Holcombe

Good looking spot ! I caught a few the other day using shrimp I seem to do better with them this time of year. :flag:

Scout'nStripers

Very nice olcaptain. You've got the best scenery. Since I spent a few years down in Louisiana and love shrimp I probably would have invested in a pound of those shrimp, used that half pound on the cats and brought the other half back for a little catfish and shrimp for dinner.;)

Papa Bear

Man you and Max are living life and having some fun there in Gods Great Outdoors for sure! Kitty cats for freezer and Max munching on a Vienna priceless !

olcaptain

Looks like a great day on the water. Has Max ever jumped in the water on you?

When he was younger he'd jump out for a duck or two. He has miscalculated jumping from the canoe onto the dock a couple of times as well. Time and getting wet seems to have solved both issues :)

61BelAir

He sure looked like he wanted to jump down into my boat the other day....I'm not sure if he didn't because he was minding you or because it was a little to high of a drop. Ya'll are both welcome on it anytime.