Speed Traps and Such.

abrannon

Researcher;

I am originally from Terrell County. I have not lived there in 20 years. I kno wit is now Golden, but to me it will always be Steven's. When Golden bought it, my Father retired from there after 51 years at that plant. My uncle retired a few years later after 56 years there.

You said old High School? They move it? I went to school there.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
I went to school there, too, graduating in...uh...while you were still a toddler...judging from the profile data.
About two years ago, they built a new HS on Old Mill Road, between Georgia 520 (Albany highway) and the Industrial Park (off GA 32/Lee Street.) Dawson PD has taken over two of the buildings (the one next to the gym and the old Home ec building.) They've donated a couple of the mod buildings to the Terrell County FD at the correctional camp for training.

Waitaminute...Are you Carolyn Brannon's son? Lester and Marvin Bryants' nephew? What's your "real" name? I believe I know you!

Sue

abrannon

Researcher:

Those would be my relatives. I figured since there was only one Brannon household in Terrell county you probably would know who I was. Not to mention Marvin, Lester and the rest of thier bunch living in Bronwood. I probably have meet you atleast once.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Researcher: I probably have meet you at least once.

Oh, yeah, you could say that...Remember being in the 5th grade at Carver Elementary...? We met officially there, although our families have known each other for over fifty years now. My brothers and sister went to school with your mom, uncles, and aunts.:clap:

Remember ole lady Jones, the fifth grade math teacher?

That's ME!:D :bounce:

Rick_1971

Hmmm lets see if I can remember them all.
1. 77 in 55 on 19/41 right in front of Atlanta Motor Speedway.
2. 68 in 45 out by where I grew up.
3. 60 in a 35
4. 81 in a 55 on my way to St. Simmons. A few weeks after this ticket I received my notice from the DMV stating that driving was a privilege not a right. I think I had 14 of 15 pts.

Next was 2 tickets in Dublin 1 week apart. First was Improper start while leaving a gas station. Next was passing in no pass when leaving same gas station as last ticket.

1 Noise violation for stereo and 1 ticket for window tint.
Currently I have not gotten any tickets since 1998. Thank God I finally grew up. If in a great big hurry I just let the wife drive, she has no regard for speed limits. :hair:

Rick

Last edited:

Bishop

I received a few shortly after getting my license, and then I met this Officer who decided to mentor (or “Old School”) me, so that I would be a responsible driver. At the time I thought there was no way I could fit through that vent window, but some police are dedicated to their jobs. :smash:

Then I went some time without a citation, but not sure if it was me truly being responsible or my job having me outside the US for awhile.

Now, in the course of having fun (aka working) there are several people who attempt to stand out so I have the opportunity to meet them. Some I do, and those meetings range from a nice conversation, or a written warning, to a “press hard, five copies”. Others may just get a flash of blue, or a finger point as to say I’m here and evaluate what your doing.

Last edited:

whitworth

Revenue Generating Roadblock

I got stopped in the middle of a rural highway for a check of my registration and insurance.

It was about five in the morning and rifle deer season was just getting started that day.

I kept looking in my rear view mirror. I suspected that another hunter wouldn't expect to find a parked vehicle, parked on the highway, in total darkness.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Two tickets in 40 years, 60 in a 45 in Berlin Ga. Passing on double line, passed a tractor pulling a hay wagon. I think they were working together had another guy pulled over when I came back through. Same hay wagon.

Talked my way out of a few.

Throw this one into the mix. True Story. Two friend of mine from neighboring county are about a mile from the county line. They are pulled over, Driver gets out, talks to the officer and gets back in with a ticket. The other buddy looks at the ticket. He notices the signature of the Deputy.
He knows the deputy whose signature is on the ticket. Known him all his life. He tells the driver that deputy ain't the deputy whose name is on the ticket. So he calls the deputy whose signature is on the ticket at his home number. The deputy is at home. Tell my friend to just bring the ticket by to him and he will handle it. He was sick and wasn't going to make his quota so he signed some tickets and gave to the guy taking his shift, He also ask him how he got stopped they only gave tickets to out of county tags not realizing that my friend now lived in the neighboring county.

abrannon

Researcher:

I kind of figured you would be that "Sue" from Bronwood. I did not know all 100 people in Bronwood, but I could only think of 1 Sue that would have a pond.

Do you still live on the farm next to Lester and Marvin?

Nautical Son

how much ya want to read.
18 tickets mostly speeding
1 laying drags

got # 18 Friday in Treutlen County.

I don't complain about em. I was speeding and I knew it every time. If they catch me fine if they didn't I just got lucky.
This last one is the first in about 9yrs.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Researcher:Do you still live on the farm next to Lester and Marvin?

You bet! After my Mom died, the family wanted me to move to town..:( :hair: .I told them "nope." :crazy: Shoot, I couldn't find any better neighbors/friends than your family! 52 years this past January on Piney Grove Farm in the best neighborhood you could find! :cool: :fine:
Sue