"Big Bird", CAV and the "Coosarivercat"

olcaptain

December brings certain changes to our little spot on to the Chattahoochee River. Most of the Sycamore leaves are gone and the Softball diamonds above us, like the outfield grass, lay dull and dormant.

HoochDec22022.jpg

The sounds around us seem to carry farther now without the leaves. This time of year we hear more clearly the hustle and bustle of the cars going over the bridge. We also occasionally hear the sound of a Red tail Hawk seeking it’s prey or the whoop of the Whooping Cranes high above us as they make their way south for the winter. Winter brings certain changes but some things stay constant and are always the same.

One constant is the All-Star Waffle House breakfast. I can get pretty emotional this time of year and today was certainly no exception. Somewhere between my waffle and my grits this morning someone played “An American Trilogy” by Elvis on the jukebox and I almost cried. Another tender moment was when I walked in anticipating a hot cup of coffee and there in all his glory sat “Big Bird” and our new friend Roy “Coosarivercat” Fincher! It was almost more than I could bear. Big Bird has been in Florida working for several months and he has finally made it home to the Hooch. Roy has been reading our posts for sometime and has finally made it down to the Hooch Boat Ramp.

HoochDec22009.jpg

HoochDec22014.jpg

Shortly after breakfast we made our way to the river. As soon as we crossed the bridge I saw Billy Lindsey’s CAV parked in the parking lot right above our Pathway to Pull-Downs!

HoochDec22019.jpg

I knew then that it was going to be a great day! Billy was brewing his special baits and soon we had a few rods set out and Roy was relaxing and getting the gist of Carpin’ with the Captain.

HoochDec22005.jpg

HoochDec22017.jpg

HoochDec22010.jpg

I soon had my PWD up and running and the rest as they say is history!

HoochDec22002.jpg

We talked. We laughed and the time once again seemed to just float on by. Did we experience a proper Pull-Down? No, not today. But there is something even stronger than a Carp that keeps us plodding each week down this special pathway. What is it? I hope you don’t have to ask……

HoochDec22020.jpg

I would like to take just a moment to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas! We all have so much for which to be thankful. Among many other things, I am thankful for all who have followed and/or been a part of our tales this year. I am amazed at the new friends and acquaintances that I have made in 2007. I wish you a Happy New Year as well. One of my wishes for the New Year is for “peace on earth and good will to men.”

Come see us!

HoochDec22015.jpg

Awesome

Looks like a great day. I gotta ask, Captain, did you roast any weenies on your PWD? As always, good stuff and well worth the read.

olcaptain

Looks like a great day. I gotta ask, Captain, did you roast any weenies on your PWD? As always, good stuff and well worth the read.

Shawn:

We didn't cook on the PWD this week but the winter has just begun! (Merry Christmas to ya!)

H

Chickenjohn42

As alway's a good story ,at least ya'll were out and having fun .From my family to your's merry CHRISTmas and happy new year .:banana::banana::banana::flag::flag::flag:

Baby Bear

Enjoyed the story Capt.

Thanks for the Christmas wishes and I would like to send them back to you, your family and friends, Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year! form your friend on the eastside.

Jeff