Best birthday gift I've ever given myself....

Goddard

Congrats! That is truly an amazing accomlishment. I have just started back an exercise routine. If you can do it, so can I. Thank you for the inspiration and motivation!

Dub

Congrats! That is truly an amazing accomlishment. I have just started back an exercise routine. If you can do it, so can I. Thank you for the inspiration and motivation!

That's the spirit. It is completely "do-able" for most anyone. I didn't think this for years......heck, decades. Once my eyes were opened, everything simply fell into place....one foot in front of the other.

:cheers: Congrats Dub. Can really tell the difference...not only in how you look, but just how your life view sounds now. Question...don't know how much and what kind you drank before, but how has your alcohol consumption changed?

I was mainly a weekend drinker. I love watching college football, NFL and NBA games. I also really enjoy grilling. Any of these events, provided I wasn't working the next day, would find me sipping on a Bud Light. These would also usually involve having pizza and other sports fan food after a few beers.

Every so often I'd have a mixed drink with my wife, too. Usually when we'd go out for dinner and have a short wait at the bar.

I would not classify my prior drinking as heavy but certainly consistent. Not every Friday and Saturday nights....but most.

I still enjoy beer and liquor at times. I no longer keep it at the house, though. My wife and I will go out one night a week and I may order a 23oz draft.....some nights I may even get crazy and have a tequilla shot or two to go with it. I now prefer Yeungling draft and 1800 Reposado tequilla (getting picky aren't I ?).

I tried the Mich Ultras and simply didn't care for them. I decided if I wanted a beer, to get a real one and enjoy it.

My favorite dinner to order on these nights is fajitas. I don't eat the flour shells, guacamole or rice. I do eat and completely enjoy the chicken/beef/sausage, onions, lettuce and pico de gallo.

There is a catch to these evenings....there's always a catch. It is this, the next morning will find daybreak approaching and my oversized butt is outa bed having a nice cup of coffee and walking our dog...coming back and driving over to the gym for a solid workout.

I typically weigh-in every three-four days. More often and you'll drive yourself nuts worrying about the normal fluctuations that occur within each day.

Waiting too often between weigh-ins drives me nuts, too. I start getting antsy and want to see those numbers to validate that all is on course.

Weigh-ins also seem to be best for me if I do them the same time of day.

The AmBASSaDEER

Now that's motivation. Good work sir!

Rabbit Hunter 101

Awesome job, Dub. That is incredible the change you have made in such a short time. I started in March as well and have lost 80lbs. to date. It is definitely a change from old habits/routines, but a good change, and so worth it in the long run. Congratulations to you sir, and keep up the good work.

garnede

Happy Birthday. I lost 60 pounds last year, but gained 30 back (matching my wife's pregnancy weight). You have just inspired me to go for a walk and start losing weight again.

shakey hunter

Congrats Dub made me look at my health. I didn't like what I saw. I smoke 1-2 packs a day or I got a dip in if working in the yard and either got a Mt. Dew or cofee in my hand. May only sleep 4 -5 hours and I may go 24 hrs with eating. I'm about to turn 45. Plus a got what they call tremors almost like parkinson but it comes and goes.

Dub

November update

Well, looks like I'm letting deer season slip by.

I had limited free time for myself and I've been spending it in the gym.

120 lbs lost at this point....began on 3.1.11

No longer taking arthritis meds.

Tee shirts and still loosening up around the shrinking beer gut and getting tighter in the chest and sleeves.

111911.jpg

I feel much better and I am highly motivated to keep on pushing hard.

111811dayaftertraps.jpg

There is a lot more fat to burn. I am confident I'll burn it, though. My discipline and willpower have grown stronger than I'd ever thought possible.

murf

You look great!!! Would you please run for president? We need someone with big brass ones like yours to clean up this mess we are in.:cheers:

Crickett

Little Lady
:clap::clap:Keep @ it! You're doin' great!

I know how hard it is to find motivation after surgeries! I've had knee surgery(torn meniscus from crashing a dirt bike), 3 hernia repairs, gall bladder removed & an appendectomy. Just to name a few & I'm only 32! I've had to stop running due to my knee pain!

You still givin' that Trek a workout? I try to ride at least once a week!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Another WOW for you Dub..........one of the best threads this forum has ever seen!

If this story cannot make you feel good, make you feel like there is Hope for us all, I dont think anything can!

Congrats and Keep on Keepin on!!:cheers:

Dub

Thanks folks!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving . I went back to Eastern NC to visit with my family. I hadn't seen them since July and won't see them again until Christmas.

I hope to be leaner and more muscular by then. Gonna kick it up a notch these next 4 weeks! !!!!!!

Ate a ton of turkey ....good stuff.

Dub

Another WOW for you Dub..........one of the best threads this forum has ever seen!

If this story cannot make you feel good, make you feel like there is Hope for us all, I dont think anything can!

Congrats and Keep on Keepin on!!:cheers:

Thanks.

I grew tired of looking like sasquach and feeling like I was old enough for a nursing home. :)

Life is better leaner. Buying a new leather jacket last week in 2xlt sure felt good. Wearing 6xlt back in March. It's crazy.

Cutting out sugar and starches has been huge.

121711145202.jpg

010812110745.jpg

Long way to go with a lifetime to get there.

Last edited:

Latest posts