Encore

ufg8r93

Encore...

I've been not so patiently waiting on my custom shop Encore since 1/7. :hair:

Supposed to be here this week. It better be, I need the 22-250 barrel to chase coyotes down in NE FL Saturday and Sunday (when we're tired of chasing birds). :cool:

ufg8r93

T/C's Client Service

Ya know, Ftlongdog, that's the story I keep hearing about T/C. My local dealer just called to say that my gun is here, but T/C forgot to ship the 22-250 barrel with it. :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

I ordered the Encore with a 7-08 and 22-250 barrel. They shipped it with the 7-08 and forgot all about the 22-250 (which I need this weekend). So my local dealer called 'em and they say, "oh yeah. It's right here. We'll get it there Friday". That was last nite. I paid for the darn thing on 1/7, it took T/C three weeks to get my local dealer a confirmation of the order, and now they forget to ship the second barrel. I had him call T/C to see if they would overnite the 22-250 barrel. They said no, that they were within their 6-8 week delivery time and didn't want to pay the additional cost. Even if they count from the 1/28 date of the confirm (which was three weeks after I paid for the thing) they are in the 9th week. Yet they didn't want to come off the extra what, $10-15 to ship it overnite after they forgot to include it? :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

No cheers for bad service. Maybe T/C should spend a little less time with their pro staffers and a little more with their paying customers. I'm not a happy camper.... :mad:

H

HT2

Encore Barrel.............

I'm lookin' to get me a 7MM -08 barrel before the season starts.....

Looks like I better put in my order purdy soon..........

FootLongDawg

Tim...It all depends. I ordered mine (22-250) in stainless and with a built in muzzle break. They had none in stock , so they had to make it. They quoted me a 12 week lead time, ( this was Fox River..TC's custom shop), and it took every day of that 12 weeks to get me the barrel. There are other folks out there that sell the barrels, and may have them in stock. Just check around.

Chuck Martin

Tim, they've got a 7-08 barrel in stock at Gables in D'ville and one at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna too. Check around like Dawg said they're in stock. You can also get'em pretty cheap at Mid South Shooters Supply via internet. :shoot:

H

HT2

Chuck.......

Do you know if it's a "stainless" or not????????

Just curious........ :)

Craig Knight

Ebay

Just checked and there is an Encore 15" bbl in 22-250 for $200.00, and a 375 JDJ bbl (BRAND NEW) up for bid at $137.50. Think I'm going to bid on the .375 JDJ bbl :D

Last edited:

Craig Knight

Elmoed Again

Well just got off the phone with the gun shop and guess what.! They got an encore with a stainless frame and blued bbl,in .454 Casull in and now They can send it back, cause thats NOT what I paid forand to me it looks like ELMO. Man I was really wanting to go shooting tomorrow. :whip: :crazy:

Buzz

It's pretty windy today anyway. That would make accurately shooting a bullet with a poor BC tough.

ufg8r93

Craig Knight said:
Well just got off the phone with the gun shop and guess what.! They got an encore with a stainless frame and blued bbl,in .454 Casull in and now They can send it back, cause thats NOT what I paid forand to me it looks like ELMO. Man I was really wanting to go shooting tomorrow. :whip: :crazy:

Craig, you've heard my frustrations with T/C. I did finally get my rifle and both barrels Friday morning. It's worth the wait. While I was fillin' out the paperwork the guy that I ordered it from and I were talking about how frustrating this whole episode was. He said that T/C is normally good/easy to deal with then proceeded to tell my a story about a customer of his that ordered a rifle with camo stock and forend only to receive a rifle with camo stock and forends that didn't match! :banginghe :banginghe Apparently it was during the switchover from one version of Realtree to another. T/C told them that they wouldn't send him a matching stock and forend when they called to complain! :hair:

Anyway, I really like my Encore (and it's a good thing too). I've only shot the 22-250 and it's a fun little round. My Encore seems to lock up tight and is shooting good groups. Too bad it had to be so tough to get... :huh:

BTW, the blued frame with engraving is big toebig toebig toebig toe nice.

Craig Knight

454 Casull

MAN ALIVE this thing is a recoiling machine. Havent had that much fun shooting since I shot my first 454 in a Super Redhawk.. Time to look for some 320 gr., JSP's, scopeand rings already on thier way, will try to sight in this weekend.