Fix bad engraving on AR lower

cmshoot

Castigating Pavy ain't helping matters. The same ol' folks that like to rain on parades are once again pourin'.

I don't expect everyone to be an expert about everything. I'd had anodized aluminum laser-engraved by Matt Lilley at Spartan Armory and it turned out fantastic; couldn't possibly look any better than it is. If the engraver told the OP that he could engrave it, and he does such work for a living, then I would expect Pavy to believe that he could do it.

I took Spartan Armory's word for it.....

The guy is looking for some help. Instead of sitting in your easy chair telling him what he should have done weeks ago (which he has no doubt figured out already) why don't you help him fix it, since y'all are such experts.

Pavy, an option might be to just replace the lower receiver. This can be done for under $100. Then get Matt Lilley at Spartan Armory to engrave it properly. http://spartan-armory.com/

While not an anodized part, here is an example of the engraving that Spartan Armory does:
P1230089.jpg

miles58

Banned yankee
Flaustin,

Have you died and gone to heaven???

I have been waiting on an answer from you for two days, I am getting genuinely concerned that something terrible may have happened to you.

I am sincerely interested in just how my actions/proposal to hold the engraver accountable for his actions is causing professionalism to dwindle in this country. If I am doing something to cause that I certainly wish to correct that.

If you have control issues and fear that the mods may toss you from the forum, just speak up and I will give you an email addy to contact me and set me straight, and I am neither offended nor really much surprised at what comes out of people's mouths so I won't toss you or block you.

Dave

rayjay

rkwrichard

Sell it to me for $50 and don't worry over it any longer..

oldsalt65

Castigating Pavy ain't helping matters. The same ol' folks that like to rain on parades are once again pourin'.

Well said brother, well said, Semper Fi